About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Vancouver
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Senior Mine Engineer
Our client is a BC-based exploration and development company focused on various projects. They have just completed construction & commissioning and are moving on to phase 3.
The successful candidate will develop mining schedules which maximize the near-term cash flow and long-term value of the operation. The Senior Engineer will also work in concert with the Geology team, Mining Contractor and external Consultants in the development and execution of a strong ore control program that provides the Project with an optimal ore release and grade.
- Work within the Company’s framework of the Environmental, Health and Safety, and Community Relation policy and procedure.
- Lead mine planning activities including maintaining a rolling 90 Day mine plan to support operations and regularly updating the Annual and Life-of-Mine plans.
- Lead in the design, and exploitation of the Company’s Project open pit operation. This includes but is not limited to ore control, crushing, and ore sorting applications at the project.
- Assist in the design and execution of all ongoing mining test work, within the Company’s exploitation and exploration concessions, specifically at the Project.
- Support the geology team in giving ore control direction to the on-site mining contractor.
- Work with private and government agencies in the design and implementation of programs to monitor PAG materials and give location direction to mitigate effects, monitor PAG materials extraction and storage to mitigate effects.
- Work with private and government agencies to monitor internal water quality to mitigate external effects.
- Undertake mine economic analysis to assist in the development of economic parameters for site optimization, scheduling and budgeting as directed.
- University Degree in Mining or Geological Engineering
- Minimum of 7-years’ experience in an operating mine environment
- Project start-up experience – construction, commissioning, and operation
- Registration, or ability to register with, a professional engineering association
- Experience in mine design software (Hexagon MinePlan preferred), Microsoft Office Suite and Google suite.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with onboarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary