About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Senior Internal Auditor
On behalf of our client, a World Leader within the Oil & Gas / Energy sector, Brunel is presently seeking a highly skilled Senior Auditor to assist in the development of an independent, objective audit function that provides assurance through consultation and review of the Company’s key processes. Assist the Company to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, business control, and improved governance processes.
Ensure audit activities are conducted in accordance with relevant professional standards including:
- Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Internal audit standards issued by the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- The Statements on Information Systems Auditing Standards issued by ISACA (previously known as the Information Systems Audit and Control Association)
- Standards issued by Standards Australian and the International Organisation for Standardization (ISO)
- Assist driving the audit process from; leading planning, stakeholder kick-off & status update meetings, drafting and finalisation of reporting and final presentations
- Consult closely with the Risk Team in understanding operational risk and compliance risks and incorporating them in annual audit planning
- Assist in the preparation of periodic reporting to the relevant management and Audit Committee
- Conduct ad hoc inspections, investigations, reviews, or validations as requested by the management and report on findings
- Conduct follows ups on audit findings and escalate overdue high findings in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively within the Team and skilled in dealing with people and communicating audit, risk management and related issues effectively
- Undergraduate Degree - Accounting (essential)
- Knowledge of International Auditing Standards
- Holds a membership to CIA and/or CPA/CA
- Extensive experience in related industry and Internal Audit
- Credentials and experience in assessing key business processes and technology
- Computer skills: possess knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and proficiency in the use of data analysis techniques
- Proven skills in managing multiple assignments
- Can demonstrate leading successful teams and International/Remote Audit assignments
- Organisational skills - can work alone to deliver outcomes in a complex environment
- Excellent report writing and communication skills allowing the ability to engage confidently with senior stakeholders
- 12-month contract – possible opportunity for longevity!
- World Leader in the Oil & Gas / Energy Sector
- Excellent negotiable day rate!
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mandy Hobbs is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth