Senior Health & Safety Advisor
Vacancy number • PUB406608
Are you a seasoned Health & Safety professional looking to make a meaningful impact in the renewable energy sector? Our client, a global leader in clean energy solutions are seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Health & Safety Advisor to join their team on their exciting project in Gladstone QLD
About this role
Based in Gladstone QLD the focus of this role will be to offer support, advice and mentoring throughout all phases of this exciting Hydrogen Project.
Reporting directly to the Construction Manager, you will be instrumental in monitoring and assisting with implementation of the clients Health and Safety Management System, while providing specialist H&S advice, and influence positive safety behaviors throughout all levels of the organisation.
- Influencing positive safety interactions and driving practical outcomes whilst ensuring industry best practice is applied.
- Provide mentorship and Safety Leadership through positive engagement with the client and Contractor Management Teams across the Project;
- Collaborate with Contractors Management Team to ensure alignment with the clients Health and Safety Management System, current legislation and best practice;
- Assist with conducting incident investigations at the site level, completion of incident / investigation.
- Assist with the development of Team Based Risk Assessments and Critical Risk Assessment Workshops for the scope of work you are responsible for;
- Assist the team and Contractor Management team in their accountability to implement, monitoring and reviewing of the site Safety Management system, whilst driving H&S initiatives;
- Reinforcing the clients commitment to preventing injuries, illnesses, and damage to property;
- Extensive experience in construction, processing or mining operations
- Tertiary qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety (or equivalent);
- Lead Investigator (ICAM)
- Cert IV Training and Assessment or similar
- Lead or internal Auditor certificate
- Cert IV Leadership and Management or similar
- Experience in contractor management
- Experience in Risk Management
- Gladstone QLD based role
- Monday - Friday roster
- 12 contract with potential to extend
- Amazing opportunity to work on a Hydrogen/renewables project
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406608