About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Mississauga
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Senior Financial Analyst
We are currently hiring Senior Financial Analyst for our lubricant’s client. This role will be reporting to the Director of Finance and will be responsible for perform advanced and complex financial analysis, financial reporting, forecasting, and budgeting for the Lubricants & Specialties Division. This is a 7-month contract opportunity.
- Analyze monthly financial results and evaluate business performance against appropriate benchmarks.
- Prepare monthly financial review package ensuring key issues, risks and business drivers are highlighted/understood
- Collaborate with representatives in other departments (Sales, Operations, planning etc.) to compile Management Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) comments on monthly/quarterly basis.
- Review financial trends and key performance indicators to make suggestions for strategic business decisions.
- Develop solutions for problems and variances arising with management reporting.
- Participate in the preparation of short/long range forecasts, annual budget, and segmented earnings
- Create slides for management presentations, BOD meetings, Employee Calls, and other financial presentations
- Provide financial support for all special projects and strategic initiatives for the Lubricants & Specialties Division.
- Serve as a finance technical resource and provide decision-making support for all departments in our division
- Special assignments, projects and tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time at their sole and complete discretion.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or finance is required. Master’s Degree or CPA is preferred.
- A minimum of eight years’ of directly related, progressive accounting experience, including internal financial reporting and analysis are required.
- SAP FI/CO, SAP BI, and Oil and Gas experience are preferred.
- Advanced ability to perform complex financial analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products and experience with financial software.
- A broad understanding of accounting practices and procedures is required.
- Advanced ability to perform complex accounting analysis, communicate with all levels of management and manage projects and assignments with extreme accuracy and efficiency.
- Proficient with spreadsheet, database and word processing applications; good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills; knowledge of banking industry; detail oriented; ability to work independently; advanced understanding of financial risk and mitigation.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, both in written and verbal communication.
- Intermediate reading and writing skills; and ability to perform intermediate to advanced mathematical calculations.
- PowerPoint experience, some experience in area of specialty is preferred.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto