About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: United Arab Emirates
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Senior Electrical Designer
- Offshore Survey;
- Material Requisitions;
- Multi-Discipline coordination to ensure clearly defined deliverables and interfaces;
- Supervision of the preparation of key drawings;
- Preparation and development of key electrical drawings in accordance with job specifications;
- Material Take Offs;
- Vendor document review;
- Single & Inter Discipline deliverable checking;
- Coordination / participation / preparation - offshore survey including offshore reports;
- Proposal & design of cable tray routing supports and equipment location;
- Participation in the checking / preparation of discipline deliverable such as: Block / single line diagrams, Interconnection diagrams, Cable / JB schedules, Hazardous area classification drawings, Equipment / lighting / earthing / power and control layouts, Cable routing layouts, Offshore aid drawings and Support details;
- Liaison with Lead Designer / Engineers / Procurement / Technical Clerical / DCC / Project Engineer / Planning / Offshore Construction;
- Competent to assists Lead Designer / Lead Engineer in preparing estimates for proposals and job scope changes to existing project scope;
- Competent to respond to offshore queries and coordinate with offshore team for closure of installation queries;
- Supervise Electrical Designer(s); able to ensure junior designer(s) assigned to project execute assigned tasks in consistent manner;
- Electrical detail engineering requirements;
- Detailed knowledge of offshore plant / facilities;
- Computerized drafting systems.
- 10 years within oil and gas industry;
- Minimum ONC or Equivalent Electrical Engineering / Drafting;
- Valid Offshore Certification (BOSIET / Medical / H2S / Swing transfer etc.);
- Aware of statutory electrical codes, specifications and guidelines;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2D & 3D, VPN Rastercad, Lighting Calculation & Cable Calculation Software;
- Ability to design with consideration to efficiency and economy;
- Able to ensure that drawings and documents are completed as per project schedule to applicable standards & offshore needs with consistently high quality.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai