About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: United Arab Emirates
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Senior Drilling Supervisor
- To supervise contractors in the execution of all drilling and associated programmed, ensuring that all objectives are met in a safe and efficient manner and in keeping with all regulatory requirements;
- To co-ordinate and provide the necessary leadership to carry out all activities with respect to the various offshore programmed. To co-ordinate the collection of all data to be transmitted back to the base office, and to ensure the correctness, content and quality of such data. To be the custodian and responsible person for the drilling reporting;
- To liaise and report directly to the Offshore Installation Manager with a view to keeping him fully abreast of current drilling and associated activity and to make him aware of any condition which may require certain operating conditions or priority setting;
- To continually monitor the effectiveness of the ongoing process and to report on same. To be able to suggest and discuss any changes which may be required to the programmed with a view to improvement;
- To supervise the maintenance work of drilling related equipment, in accordance with procedures, to ensure safe and efficient operation;
- To take prompt action, in the event of an emergency within the drilling package, to safeguard life and minimize damage to properties and any detrimental effect on the environment;
- To evaluate and report on the performance of service contractors to safeguard the technical and commercial interests of the company;
- To execute thoroughly, any incident investigation, analysis and follow up in order to prevent recurrence;
- To train, develop and motivate subordinates (also from other disciplines and contractors), and render technical support and guidance with the aim to promote team spirit.
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience working for major international drilling contractors and/or operating companies.
- Have a minimum of five (10) years’ experience in the same capacity working on drilling rigs supervising drilling and well services operations;
- Have recent onshore exploration experience;
- Preferably have experience of HT wells;
- A valid IWCF Certificate at supervisor level is mandatory;
- A valid FOET/ BOSIET is strongly recommended.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mohamed Ashar Muthu Mohamed is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Mohamed Ashar Muthu Mohamed
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai