About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Singapore
What is required?
- Hours per week: 44
- Education level: Other
About this role: Senior Designer, I&C
Our Client is a leading provider of solutions to the Floating Offshore Oil & Gas market for more than 50 years and are currently looking for a Senior Designer, I&C to join us.
Being part of Client means being the protagonist of a challenging career and being in touch with the latest deep-water production systems, knowing that your career begins in Singapore, but your talent can take you anywhere in the world. If you want to be one of the greatest in the market, this is your opportunity!
- Report to assigned Project Lead Engineer and support developing the project design deliverables;
- Understands the instrumentation specifications and requirements of the assigned project and Industry Standard, Classification Society and Regulatory requirements;
- Assigned project scope may include Construction, Commissioning and Offshore – field engineering support also;
- Lead and supervise a team of Designers to produce design deliverables and drawings and responsible for E3D model, AVEVA instrumentation implementation on the assigned projects. This includes getting Engineering Sub Contractors to do detailed modeling, designs and drawings to support the relevant discipline;
- Assigns work to each of the Designers and monitors their progress and ensures that they deliver on time according to the specifications (the quality is checked by the Lead Designer);
- Plans and recommends the overall Discipline Designer resources required for a project;
- Prepares specifications and review design scope split matrix for the services of Engineering Contractors to perform detailed modeling, designs and drawings; evaluates the bids submitted and recommends the selection of the Engineering Contractors (typically 2 to 3 vendors per project);
- Lead / conduct model review with Sub engineering contractor and ensure project compliance;
- Interface with other discipline designer / engineers for design scope of work and coordinate with Client design team as required;
- Monitor changes in the project and ensure management of change is followed as per approved procedure;
- Review Sub-engineering detailed contractor document / drawing and ensure compliance to project specifications;
- Participates in meetings, reviews progress and addresses interface / implementation / execution issues, escalates where necessary to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly;
- Provides technical/engineering support and advice to Construction/Commissioning work at site, trouble shoots and follows up to rectify the gaps or problems. Where necessary, provides off-site support and advice;
- Responsible for capturing lessons learned in his/her functional area, closing out project related Lesson Learned / HSE actions.
- Diploma in Instrumentation & Control / Electrical / Electronics and/or related;
- Minimum 15 years and above of accumulative detailed I&C Design engineering experience in oil and gas projects;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Offshore / FPSO project detailed engineering scope is mandatory;
- AVEVA Instrumentation experience is preferred;
- Comprehensive knowledge in Project Engineering execution & Industry standards;
- Able to commerce work within short notice has added advantage.
An Excellent opportunity to work in a reputable organization with stable employment and competitive remuneration. If you are up for a challenge, get in touch with us with your CV.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Our client is among the most competitive Floating Offshore Oil & Gas market for more than 50 years . Build your career as a Senior Designer, I&C.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Shinu Alexander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Singapore