About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: Western Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
About this role: Senior Cost Controller
On behalf of our Client, a Global leader in the iron ore industry, recognized for innovation and development of world class infrastructure and mining assets.Brunel is looking for an experienced Senior Cost Controller to commence in our Client's Perth based projects team.
Senior Cost controller
Key responsibilities include:1. Assist in management of change (MOC) process through Project Change Notices (PCN) and Trends for cost impacts.Support the Purchase Requisition/Purchase Order Process Update budget, commitment, incurred and forecast costs in the cost control database and reporting system.2. Coordinate the development and provision of monthly cost forecast reports (presentations, reports to management and stakeholders etc.) for both internal and external purposes.Facilitate and manage monthly Cost Forecast reviews with Project Managers and Directors.
3. Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with Contractors and Scope Owners as required, guiding the team in all cost related issues.4. Consolidate and generate Value of Work Done (VOWD), Estimate to Complete (ETC) and Estimate at Completion (EAC).Ensure that the cost forecasts reflect the latest project scope of work and project schedule.5. Liaise with various departments and team members in providing Value of Work Done (VOWD), Estimate to Complete (ETC), Estimate at Completion (EAC) and variance analysis against agreed budgets.
- Experience in Capital Project execution.
- Strong depth and technical competency in cost engineering, budgeting and forecasting.
- Knowledge and broad understanding of standard project progress evaluation (EV, SPI, CPI).
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sneha Poranki is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth