Vacancy number • PUB406546
Western Canada Sales Manager
Our oil and gas client is currently looking for a Western Canada Sales Manager, reporting to the Director of Sales, The primary objective of this role is to increase market share and build a strong customer base in Western Canada through direct sales and effective marketing strategies. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for enhancing sales across their territory and development of channel partners.
About this role
- Develop and implement sales strategies for the product lines within their territory primarily for the IND (industrial) division.
- Utilize specialized distribution and develop OEM accounts that provide profitable growth while minimizing distribution conflicts.
- Oversee and assess distributor's performance at the end-user level, responsible for new account development and seamless transition to distribution or direct status.
- Conduct seminars at A&E firms, collaborating with Product Managers to influence valve specifications and ensure are specified.
- Coordinate specification efforts with the Product Manager, Sales Director, and identifying decision-makers.
- Provide regional project updates as requested by the Project Management team.
- Submit weekly travel itineraries and trip reports as directed by the Sales Director.
- Handle all related sales tasks as directed by your manager.
- Manage and coordinate outside sales within your territory.
- Forecast sales, prepare an annual budget, and meet assigned sales targets.
- Develop and implement aspects of the marketing plan, analyze market trends, and manage distributors.
- Coordinate and attend trade shows as required.
- Analyze major contract/project bids, follow up on quotations, and provide feedback to the Inside Sales Manager.
- Manage OEMs, end-users, engineering firms, and distributors in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of Outside Sales experience.
- 5+ years of experience in BU IND industry.
- Experience in sales and customer needs-based solutions.
- Understanding of the role in fulfilling the company’s mission, purpose, and goals.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong time management and critical thinking skills.
- Professional communication skills and adaptability to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to communicate with diverse personnel.
- Professional attitude, appearance, and demeanor.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Norka Thompson is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406546