About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Queensland
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Courses
About this role: Rig Mechanic
Brunel Australasia are currently seeking Rig Mechanics to work in QLD and SA. These are FIFO roles based out of Brisbane commencing in the New Year!
This is an exciting opportunity to enter the oil and gas drilling industry with a major international company!
This will be a contract based role for upcoming drilling activity commencing immediately. An exciting opportunity to join a major international drilling company. Seeking Candidates ideally based in South East Queensland for work in the Surat Basin.
The Rig Mechanic is responsible for the preventive, routine and non-routine maintenance of the land drilling rigs and for the repair of internal combustion engines, pumps, compressors and drilling related equipment of the rigs.
- Adhere (and ensure the adherence by other employees and contractors) to all company policies, procedures and Government regulations pertaining to the worksite.
- Rig mechanical maintenance including troubleshooting and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain all company paperwork in a neat, timely and orderly fashion.
- Preplan operational needs, organize equipment and supplies, and conduct testing of systems as required.
- Promptly report all accidents, near-miss accidents, non-conformances, and safety hazards to his/her immediate superior
- Ensure familiarity with all applicable work and safety procedures and promote implementation of same.
- Ensure that before any maintenance activity is started, a JSA and Lock-out has been installed the “work permit” has been signed.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and Government safety regulations pertaining to the worksite.
- Train junior members of the staff to services and repair mechanical equipment to assist with their development.
- Ensure all employees are working safely and are aware of any potential hazards.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety practices in his/her working areas.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all seasons and respond to call outs 24hours.
To be considered for the role Applicants must hold a valid Heavy Equipment Mechanic Journeyman’s certification or country specific equivalent as well as;
- Applicants must have a valid passport, open, manual driver's license and be willing to travel.
- Must be willing to complete training (Rig Ready training/certifications to be paid for by Brunel) which may needed to be completed in Brisbane (Accommodation at own cost if needed)
- Valid Mechanical Trade Certificates (Diesel) Mandatory Drilling and Completions General Induction(DCGI) or Industry Safety Induction (ISI)
- Undertake First Response to Fire
- Operate Breathing Apparatus
- Apply First Aid (including CPR)
- Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- Gas Test Atmospheres
- Working at Heights
- Gotcha Kit
- Operate vehicles in the field–4WD
- Wellsite Permit to Work–Holder
- 6 -12 Month contract
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
- Flights, Accommodation and meals provided
- 3 Week even time roster (12hr days)
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane