Vacancy number • PUB406415
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our rapidly expanding company as a Research Associate. This company has developed proprietary and patent-pending process technology to produce carbon fiber from Alberta oil sands bitumen-based feedstocks. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor with an exciting company to help scale their proprietary product that is backed by over 7 years of research. The successful candidate will focus on specific research and development projects related to our client’s proprietary process technology and the production of the first of its kind carbon fiber outputs.
About this role
- Focus on specific research and development projects related to the client’s proprietary process technology and/or the production of carbon fiber outputs
- Generate and develop innovative ideas, design, and develop commercially feasible approaches to improve performance of the client’s carbon fibers and the client’s carbon fiber-based products, such as carbon fiber-reinforced composites, pre-impregnated fibrous materials, coatings, fabrics, and/or films/electrodes for energy storage
- Carry out routine research activities including design test matrices, test requests, sample preparation, various testing, collecting data, analyzing data, maintaining schedules, tracking project progress, and reporting progress
- Collaboration with potential customers and end-users on product development
- Compile, interpret, explain, and present results based on scientific principles
- Support activities related to the scale-up of the client’s process technology
- PhD or Master’s degree or equivalent awarded within past five years in materials science polymer science chemistry chemical engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong interest in product innovation using proprietary processes & materials
- Experience in industrial &/or research environments related to thermosetting/epoxy composite materials composite manufacturing processes or fiber composite mechanics considered an asset
- Eligible for applications for funding support available in various Canadian provincial & federal programs such as Mitacs considered an asset
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel Word PowerPoint)
- Self-directed & motivated with excellent organizational & time management skills
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with onboarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Kaitlyn Smith is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406415