About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: R & D Material Engineer
Our client, a high-profile global organization within the Energy Sector, has an exciting contract opportunity for a highly skilled R & D Materials Engineer within one of their Project Teams.Start date:ASAP
Duration: 12 Months (renewable)Location: Carros, France
- You will be working mainly on Renewables development Projects for various types of floating structures including both the innovative Wave Energy Converter project (WEC) and floating wind energy;
- You will be involved in the development and maturation of new products primarily on renewables;
- You will be involved in the development, specification, and analysis of qualification tests for new renewables products. You will specify and follow up specialist companies performing bespoke specialist analyses;
- You will develop/improve analysis methods and implement in design to eventually improve reliability and/or reduce costs.
- Engineering degree (MSc or equivalent) with a materials background in polymer and rubber materials with a preference on silicone and synthetic fibres;
- Preferably minimum 3 years’ experience;
- Strong knowledge of polymer materials;
- Experience with FEA of polymer materials (large deformations) is a plus, e.g. ABAQUS;
- Experience in mechanical characterization of polymer multilayer composite materials;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Experience in composite fabrics tissue processing and mechanical behaviour of synthetic fibres is a plus.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarah Lane is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester