About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Vidalia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Quality Superintendent
Brunel is currently searching for a Quality Superintendent for direct hire with our client located in Vidalia, Louisiana.
As the Quality Superintendent you will report to the Technology & Quality Manager. Your position will be on-site at our client’s material processing facility. This facility will consist of milling, purification, and surface treatment. supplying product to automotive OEMS, battery cell manufacturers, energy storage joint ventures and more.
In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the Quality Management System and on-site laboratory function. You will develop and lead all aspects of product quality control and ensure compliance with agreed production standards.
- Building and maintaining the Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure delivery of consistently high-quality products
- Maintaining ISO9001 Certification
- Designing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met during production
- Develop, implement, and maintain an Audit Program to ensure process compliance on a continuous basis
- Detection of quality variances and ensure QMS complies with customer expectations
- Driving positive change utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Developing and implementing all Quality Management tools (SIPOC, PPCP, PPAP, Risk Matrix, PDCA, RCA etc.)
- Ensuring that established manufacturing inspection, sampling and statistical process control procedures are followed
- Contributing to site Health, Safety, Environment & Community (HSEC) performance by engaging and working collaboratively at all levels
- Working closely and effectively with Operations teams to ensure that quality standards are met
- Developing and revising standard operational procedures and working practices
- Contributing to the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational & quality performance
- Managing of the Quality function including the performance and development of a small team
- Ensure Certificates of Analysis are accurate and represent the production samples
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably in Chemistry or a relevant Engineering discipline
- 5+ years’ of relevant industry experience including leading a QMS program
- 2+ years’ experience in a team leadership and/or supervisory role
- Previous experience working with automotive OEM part supplier understanding quality processes and standards
- Working knowledge of ISO, ASTM standards and test methods
- Systematic and standardized mindset, capable of developing objective & concise systems
- Strong analytical skills, capable of translating data into useful information
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing principles and a Continuous Improvement focus
- Must be willing to work on-site in Vidalia, Louisiana and be eligible to work for any employer in the U.S.
Full-time position comes with competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, IRA match 3%.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyOur client is a supplier of material products within the battery and industrial markets.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit