About this job
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Area of expertise: Clinical
- Location: Toronto
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Quality Control Scientist III
Quality Control Scientist III Toronto, ON (Hybrid)Introduction
We are currently hiring a Quality Control Scientist for our client, a global pharmaceutical and life sciences company and one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. The company is known for its global contribution in areas including pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare products, agricultural chemicals, seeds and biotechnology products.This is a full-time 1-year contract and hybrid-based role.
- Design, execute, and interpret experiments to develop, validate, transfer and troubleshoot quality procedures and test methods. Carries out investigations and produces documentation.
- Develop and authors complex, explicit documentation for new and current procedures, validation protocols and technical reports incorporating appropriate use of statistics.
- Solve assay/process problems.
- Provide contributions to the understanding and interpretation of results and how they impact the design of subsequent experiments.
- Identify potential problems and proactively suggests technical solutions based upon analytical expertise and knowledge of product/process.
- Coordinate completion of specific project tasks with other departments.
- Contribute to development of project strategy in consultation with supervisor and/or colleagues
- Work is performed under minimal supervision. Independently determines and develops approach to solution
- Represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Responsibilities in test method validation include:
- Lead method optimizations, improvements and revalidation
- Lead ALCM method assessment periodic review
- Address method validation gaps identified during ALCM method assessment periodic review
- Address validation/testing gaps for new products
- Support/Lead replacement of test methods with new test/technology
- Support/Lead implementation of new tests/technology
- Support/Lead post approval commitments and other regulatory commitments
- Immunology/Biology - BSc with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or MSc with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Must Have - Experience in performing immunology assays (example: ELISA, cell-based bioassay methods)
- Scientist skill set should include:
- Outstanding technical writer (protocols, reports, investigations)
- Experience in test method development and troubleshooting
- Experienced in conducting scientific investigations, including OOS investigations and CAPAs
- Technical Skills (including various computer programs and systems)
- Outstanding Organization Skills (required to work on multiple projects at the same time)
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Natalie Wozencroft is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto