About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: QA/QC Head
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021).
Implement the Construction Surveillance Program to confirm that all fabrication, construction and installation activities are compliant with project specifications , including:
- Development of Construction Surveillance plan for each onshore and offshore brownfield construction activity identifying key inspection interventions;
- Reviewing and approving Contractors and Subcontractors Inspection & Test Plans, quality control procedures and testing procedures;
- Implementing quality control over welding processes including establishment of welding procedure qualifications, qualification of welders, control of welding consumables, surveillance of welding & NDE activity, monitoring welding KPIs and identifying corrective action to remedy poor performance;
- Attending regular construction meetings with Contractor and subcontractor to monitor progress and review and resolve quality issues arising;
- Assigning and managing inspection resources using COMPANY approved Site Inspection Services (SIS) agencies to conduct surveillance inspections at fabrication and laydown yards and on offshore vessels and worksites;
- Conducting Flawless Quality training programs in conjunction with Contractor to eliminate common defects;
- Conducting regular site walk-throughs with construction worksites teams to highlight quality and safety issues and identify areas for improvement;
- Ensure that inspection records are maintained in a database that is aligned with completions management system to ensure a smooth handover to commissioning;
- Implement Deficiency Management Program to ensure that deficiencies and non-conformances relating to offshore construction and installation are identified, recorded, investigated and resolved to maintain compliance with project requirements.
Actively participate in:
- Quality Audit Program to confirm that brownfield construction activities are conducted in accordance with agreed plans and implement;
- Lessons Learned Program to actively and continuously capture learnings from brownfield construction activities and to use them to develop and optimize process or specification improvements;
- Issues and Risks Program relating to brownfield construction activities and ensure that issues and risks are captured and treated promptly and effectively;
- Implement Quality Reporting Program to monitor brownfield construction activities and to communicate and report on quality performance, issues and risks, and developing trends to Quality Division Manager; Brownfield Construction Teams;
Maintain interfaces, including with:
- Onshore and Offshore Brownfield Teams to ensure that quality issues are resolved promptly and effectively;
- Materials & Welding Specialist (QC) and Materials Engineer to ensure that welding related quality issues are identified, communicated and rectified;
- Operations Team to ensure that quality issues arising at brownfield worksites are resolved promptly and effectively;
- Systems Completion Team to ensure that inspection records are aligned with and support systems completion;
- Project Management Team to provide feedback on quality issues; to expedite closure of lessons learned; to provide feedback on quality performance generally;
- Actively participate in safety management programs including attendance at site safety walks and issuance of observation cards;
- Conduct other quality related tasks as directed by Quality Division Manager.
- Minimum of 15 years broad experience in execution of major oil & gas projects, including at least 10 years involvement in the construction of major offshore and onshore production facilities;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity of quality or inspection;
- Minimum five years’ experience working in the Middle East, with prior experience executing projects within the State of Qatar strongly preferred;
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Welding or equivalent;
- Additional quality, welding or NDE inspection related qualifications.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha