About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: United Arab Emirates
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: QA/QC Engineer
- Review of quality documentation / procedures to ensure that they are executed by Contractors to the required level, providing trouble free performance to Client;
- Acting on behalf of client to ensure that 3rd party equipment and personnel supplied for the Well Operations Department activities are fit for purpose;
- Review of inspection and test plans to verify that 3rd party contractor is performing all required activities in accordance to approved specifications and procedures. Witness all inspections and testing at supplier facility as requested by client;
- Witness and sign off that drill string and OCTG items used on the well are compliant with applicable DS1 and API standards (raw materials, manufacturing, machining and threading) and Client purchase order requirements;
- Witness and sign off build-up of liner hanger systems. Correct arrangement, pressure testing and shear pinning of the tools to be verified;
- Witness and sign off pre job inspections/build-up sheets for specialist equipment (e.g., Coiled tubing, ESP, BOP, PDM, MWD, LWD, jars, PBL-subs and RSS);
- Review QA/QC documentation for OCTG-manufacturing prior to manufacturing;
- Review TPI-reports from OCTG manufacturing process and file accordingly;
- Verify that all lifting equipment supplied by 3rd party is in certification and compliant with Client lifting equipment requirements and perform physical inspection checks;
- Load-out and back-load checks made on all equipment either provided by 3rd party or from OEM-stock. Check to ensure items are as per call out / back load manifests and that the equipment is fit for purpose end complete with inspection / certification records;
- Perform root-cause analysis investigation after non-compliant events have occurred.
- Able to communicate fluently both verbal and written English to an appropriate technical level for their job function.
- Have competent technical skills and are capable of applying pertinent Contractor’s procedures and processes to Client operations. Technical skills must include a proven track records for at least five years in 3rd party inspection services in a similar position (Well Operations QA/QC with other Operators);
- Has been certified by a recognized body (i.e., DNV, Taproot) to perform root cause analysis investigations;
- Be familiar with relevant NDT-inspection techniques, DS1 and API-standards;
- Can competently fulfil their duties assigned to in the execution of the Work;
- Prepare and ensure their activities of responsibility are carried out in a professional and workmanlike manner;
- Prepares operational job, investigation and monthly reports as required;
- Valid light vehicle driving license valid in the UAE.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai