About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: Mississauga
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Purchasing Agent
We are currently hiring a Purchasing Agent for our client. The Purchasing Agent will be responsible for managing the bidders’ selection, bidding process, evaluation, and recommendation, as well as the award process, thereby maximizing efficiencies and minimizing risk related to financial and schedule performance. This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
- Liaison with Package Coordinator to obtain and verify technical specifications, with the planner to verify lead times and delivery dates and with Logistics to assure cost effective and practical Incoterms
- Preparation of Commercial Bid documents (including contractual terms and conditions, delivery requirements, quality/inspection requirements and other documents related to the scope of supply, etc.), and issuing of Bid Documents to Bidders from an approved Bidder’s List
- Manage the bidding process by:
- Managing the prequalification and selection of bidders
- Prepare and issue Bidders List and coordinate approval process
- Supervise and maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the bid process. Log bid questions and responses and issue addenda as required. Purchasing Agent must be the ONLY point of contact during the bid process from RFQ until award. All queries must go through procurement
- Coordinate technical evaluations and conduct commercial evaluations, use of proper Incoterms, payment terms/milestones including clarifications and/or negotiations
- Review vendor comments of General terms and conditions and incorporate Special terms and conditions, as required
- Responsible to meet schedule milestones for Bid-Evaluate-Award cycles
- Prepare and issue Recommendation to Award including its approval.
- If required, prepare, and issue a Letter of Award to Vendor
- Prepare and issue Purchase Order for execution
- Handover to Expeditor for standard and bulk packages and/or Purchasing Administrator for major packages.
- 10+ years of purchasing/procurement experience
- Global Procurement Chain experience, specifically the acquisition of capital equipment/materials
- Experience with drafting of terms and conditions and an understanding of accompanying legal implications, solid understanding on Contract Law
- Negotiation skills
- A firm understanding of procurement processes and corporate governance principles
- Experience with and a proficient understanding of purchasing strategies and Total Cost of Ownership, including but not limited to the development of escalation clauses and cost-plus pricing
- Knowledge of Incoterms, freight forwarding, and other activities related to local and global purchasing and movement of equipment/materials across borders
- Good understanding of applicable legislation including taxes and industry specific exemption
- Sound commercial knowledge with respect to performance and risk mitigation mechanisms and exhaustive detailed commercial evaluation skills.
- Relevant tertiary qualification is an asset
- International experience an asset
- A firm grasp on current (and possibly historic) intelligence related to local and global markets for commodities and relevant equipment/materials.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Leonardo Lopes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary