About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: VANCOUVER
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Courses
About this role: Project Procurement Specialist
Reporting to the Lead of Procurement as well as the Project Manager while assigned to a project, the Project Procurement Specialist will use and maintain client's standard project procurement methods, procedures, templates, and systems and when on a project and manage various stages of the procurement process which includes the full procurement lifecycle for contracting and material/equipment purchasing.
The Lead of Procurement will be responsible for close coordination with the other project services disciplines as well as project teams including Project Managers/Directors, and corporate support groups such as Legal and Corporate Risk as required.
As part of the procurement group, work with the Lead of Procurement, Project Services Director and on project assignments – work as part of the Owner’s team executing the Procurement activities as well as managing a consultants Procurement activities:
- Participate in the development and implementation of procurement techniques and methods.
- Assist legal to compile and format key supplier Master Services Agreements. Ensure projects are maintaining a Master Services Agreement database.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a supplier library including supplier contact information, corporate overviews, and supplier scorecards. Request and consolidate input from Project Services procurement team and project procurement teams.
- Maintain current and accurate procurement records throughout the project lifecycle.
- Prepare and apply project specific procedures and guidelines for project procurement using Project Procedures Manual.
- Prepare the project procurement plan taking into account any strategic packaging options that supports the overall project execution plan.
- Prepare full project life-cycle procurement documents including compiling / formatting agreements, evaluation spreadsheets, supplier scorecards and others as required.
- Prepare the project procurement work flowcharts in line with the Project Procedures Manual.
- Prepare weekly Project procurement meeting agendas, maintain action items lists and track progress.
- As required, ensuring any Project Service Providers procurement function complies with all relevant requirements, policies, industry best practices, and project-specific requirements.
- Manage purchase orders and/or contracts through their full life cycle.
- Assist with the assessment of project time and cost claims.
- At the completion of the project, assists in developing and recording the project’s historical procurement information and “lessons learned”, for use on future projects.
- Maintain and demonstrate commitment to safety and environmental protection as a core value.
- Perform job-related administrative duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field. Eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer would be an asset.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in project procurement. Previous experience working on major mining and/or process plant project implementation is desirable.
- 1-2 years of direct field experience.
- Good knowledge of contract/order formation, negotiation, and change management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management including risk management and change management.
- Previous experience with freight forwarding freight logistics, brokerage and quality surveillance.
- Good understanding and experience in multiple phases of project execution.
- Able to raise awareness of procurement activities which have an impact on critical path.
- Strong knowledge of the engineering and construction industry and ability to understand drawings and technical reports is required.
- Good critical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of ERP procurement/purchasing systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint as well as SharePoint
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto