About this job
- Industry: Renewable Energy
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Project Manager - Norway
Brunel are pleased to present an exciting opportunity for a motivated and suitably qualified Project Manager to join our Client’s Stavanger, Norway based team on a permanent basis. This role presents an outstanding prospect for the right candidate looking for their next move into the dynamic space of Renewables.
Our Client and Role ScopeFortescue Future Industries (FFI) are leading the global energy transition by developing a portfolio of renewable energy and green hydrogen project to produce 15 mpta of Green Hydrogen by 2030. Our large scale, low-cost hydropower, geothermal, solar and wind assets will support establishment of green energy and green product industries around the world.
Fortescue Future Industries (FFI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortescue Metals Group is leading Fortescue’s decarbonisation and growth agendas and developing a portfolio of projects centred on the production of renewable hydrogen, ammonia and other value-added products.
Fortescue Future Industries are currently embarking on becoming global pioneers of a worldwide portfolio of green hydrogen, hydropower, geothermal, wind and solar resources, with projects in the regions of North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Africa, Middle East, Central Asia, Europe, and UK.The European portfolio comprises of several opportunities. FFI is looking to engage experienced European based project professionals to develop some of these opportunities into projects.
We are looking for appropriately qualified candidates who demonstrate the FFI values and who can manage change with agility, are resilient, can work independently and as part of a team and strive to constantly improve.Reporting to: Regional Program Lead (Europe and CIS)
The role of the Project Manager will ensure successful delivery of capital projects in the Europe Portfolio. The position requires adaptive and dynamic problem-solving skills, strong and supportive leadership capability, influential and collaborative communicative skills, and the aptitude to bridge a broad cross section of technical requirements within a high performing team.
- Ensuring all works are completed safely and adhere to essential Vision and Values.
- Managing and motivating teams and individuals to provide a collaborative and safe work environment.
- Supporting internal and external resources to ensure project deliverables including:o Early-stage engagement with Governments, communities and local stakeholders.o Ensuring environmental, social, legal, regulatory and risk assessments and studies are complete to support Project assessment and development.o Ensuring Fortescue acquires relevant licences and approvals to progress the project.
o Business case preparation, including project economics.
- Coordination and management of multidisciplinary teams, local or international consultants across several fields, including renewable energy, technical, environmental/social and others.
- Coordinating and working collaboratively with other internal FFI specialists including technical, legal, environmental, social, government, risk, and commercial.
- Liaising with Government agencies and other local/regional stakeholders.
- Producing and managing Project budgets and schedules.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce capital and operating costs, schedules and construction timelines from the outset.
- Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Fortescue seniorleadership, corporate HSE, contractors, consultants as required.
- Engaging and managing multiple stakeholders to obtain technical, commercial and scheduleinformation.
- Developing executive level reporting, briefs and deliverables strategies.
Candidates must be authorised to work in Norway
- Engineering Degree or similar
- 15+ years Project Management experience, with international, large and complex project delivery experience
- Project Management qualifications and experience essential
- Demonstrated experience in leading and executing multi-disciplined projects
- Experience in developing and leading diverse teams
- Proven commercial acumen
- Demonstrated technical, project management and leadership skills in multi-disciplinary complex projects, including whole-of-life phases, including functions and processes that support them
- Bring strong technical skills and being able to understand and articulate potential risks and opportunities within the planned works to the relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent negotiation and engagement skills across all business levels and with staff, contractors and external stakeholders
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience across various industries and resource sectors
- Excellent computer literacy, specifically Microsoft Excel
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- Have proven experience of leading large-scale Projects from inception through design, contractor engagement, execution and commissioning.
- Be a safety champion and leader with the ability to engage with personnel to drive a Zero Harm culture.
- Be highly responsible, trustworthy, be a driven and value-focused knowledge seeker.
- Be an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial spirit; creating new and unique ideas and strategies with optimised value.
- Possess strong analytical skills and proactive thinking.
- Possess a natural ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a dynamic, high-pressure, and high-demand environment.
- Own well-developed interpersonal skills demonstrating an innate ability to build rapport to sustain and develop stakeholder relationships.
- Monitor the development of deliverables so that schedule slippage, scope creep and cost overrun can be monitored, and the effects minimised.
- Review and approve project technical specifications - designs, SoW, functional specifications.
- Develop budget and Business Case finalisation as per the Project Management framework.
- Bring a flexible mindset, challenge traditional thinking, and be prepared to work outside of their comfort zone.
A highly competitive remuneration package with annual bonus is on offer to the right candidate.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarah Lane is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester