About this job
- Industry: Building & Construction
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: New South Wales
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Project Engineer
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Project Engineer to join a well known NSW civil head contractor.
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and monitoring the technical aspects of construction projects. The primary focus of the role is to provide advice in the planning, coordination, and supervision of technical aspects of construction projects across road, bridge and land development.
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the effective programming and construction methodologies of all site works, ensuring project compliance with all relevant legislation, specifications, regulations, and standards. You will be responsible for the overall financial performance of the projects, maintain the quality system, and provide design and construction documentation as required.Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for the effective programming and construction methodologies of all site works.
- Responsible for project compliance with all relevant legislation, specifications, regulations, and standards.
- Responsible for the daily programming of site works and the coordination of employees, subcontractors, procurement, plant, and equipment.
- Provide advice, support, and assistance to project staff and clients in relation to technical and complex problems.
- Responsible for the overall financial performance of the projects.
- Maintain the quality system and ensure relevant quality documentation is completed.
- Assist in the preparation of work method statements and other project documentation.
- Provide design and construction documentation, conduct site surveys and inspections.
- Conduct technical inspections of structures, formations, and other civil elements.
- Conduct design and supervision of civil remedial works.
- Exercise financial control over project operations expenditure.
- Responsible for monthly assessments and financial reporting.
- Identify areas of improvement and opportunities to reduce costs while meeting service and delivery requirements.
- Keep informed of all developments in legislative requirements, industry standards, and best practices.
- Ensure plant, equipment, staff, and subcontractors operate within safe working conditions.
The ideal candidate will have a positive and can-do attitude, be dedicated to the position, and have a passion to achieve the goals and targets set for the role. They will be expected to align their values with those of the company and to make decisions that they can stand by while conducting work and interacting with others.This business offers a professional work environment that includes fostering a positive atmosphere, promoting effective communication, facilitating problem solving, and minimizing conflict in a constructive manner.
The Project Engineer will report to the Senior Project Engineer and will have direct reports to the Site Engineer. The successful candidate will have key relationships with internal departments and external stakeholders including suppliers, consultants, regulatory bodies, councils, industry bodies, subcontractors, and the client.
On offer is the opportunity to join a civil business who offer a great culture and are known for looking after their employees.
This is a business who has a large pipeline of work for the next 2 years, as such can offer a secure environment with strong career progression.
If this sounds like your ideal position, apply now or feel free to call Trent Merrotsy for a confidential discussion on 0426 207 790
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Trent Merrotsy is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane