About this job
- Industry: Water & Waste Management
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Oakville
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Project Engineer
We are currently hiring multiple Project Engineers for our water technologies client. This role will be responsible for the detailed mechanical engineering scope of industrial and municipal water and wastewater systems as well as biological sludge incineration and digestion. The Project Engineer (PE) develops key documents and generates technical RFQ packages and technical bid evaluations for rotating equipment, vessels, valves and other mechanical equipment. This is a 6 month contract opportunity.
- Perform mechanical related design of water and wastewater treatment systems, ensuring design quality, while meeting project schedule, budget, and customers’ expectations.
- Perform required calculations needed for sizing, generate technical specifications and perform technical bid evaluations for the fabrication/procurement of various mechanical equipment including (but not limited to) pumps, blowers, compressors, chemical feed systems, vessels/tanks, filters, piping systems, and valves.
- Engineer systems in compliance with engineering principles, customer standards and specifications, contractual requirements, and local applicable codes.
- Ensure that all engineering designs, bills of material and technical data are completely and accurately documented by reviewing associated engineering drawings and related documents.
- Coordinate activities concerned with process and mechanical design reviews as well as project issue (scheduling and technical) resolution related to design, construction and start-up.
- Meet Quality Management System (QMS) requirements for project execution and documentation.
- Interface with project manager and customer on project and problem resolution.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related technical discipline.
- 5 or more years of experience in a related Engineering field.
- Experienced with equipment (rotating and static) equipment selection and TBEs.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto