Project Controls Specialist
Vacancy number • PUB406277
We are a leading recruitment agency partnering with a tier 1 mining company based in Perth. Our client is seeking a dynamic Project Controls Specialist to lead the project controls team supporting the delivery of projects across multiple mine sites. This is a Perth based role. This exciting opportunity allows the successful candidate to embark on a leadership role, managing a team of up to 8 project planning and project cost professionals.
About this role
As the Project Controls Specialist, you will report to the Superintendent Project Controls – SCS and work in a challenging and exciting environment. The role involves providing guidance and leadership to the project controls team, ensuring effective interaction with internal and external stakeholders at a portfolio level.
- Provide guidance and leadership to team members, offering mentoring and training to develop resources.Prepare, analyse, review, and issue timely reports on the assigned Delivery portfolio, including implications of changes to the Annual/Monthly plan and forecast.
- Provide cost and schedule analysis support on the assigned Delivery portfolio and individual projects as required.
- Assist in the development and rollout of key project controls improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with project controls guidelines and procedures.
- Facilitate portfolio/project review meetings and ensure cost and schedule management tools and systems are updated.
- Maintain the integrity of integrated project cost and schedule reports.
- Drive collaboration between delivery, cost, planning, and contracts groups to ensure that project changes are identified and implications are well articulated and understood.
- Ability to use Excel to an intermediate level such as ability to interrogate a spreadsheet to verify and crosscheck data accuracy across systems.
- Highly organised, able to keep the team focussed to manage deadlines and ensure deliverables are met
- Able to motivate others with ability to work with stakeholders at all levels.
- Previous experience in project controls or project management.
- Strong people management skills within a project context.
- Mining experience is advantageous but not essential.
- Willingness to travel ad hoc to the Pilbara region.
- You must be currently based in Australia with current right to work already granted to be considered for this role
- Tier 1 Mining business
- $86-106 per hour + super
- 12 month contract
- Perth CBD based
- 40 hour week
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world. Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michael Shirley is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406277