About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Courses
About this role: Project Controls Lead
On behalf of our client, a World Leader within the Oil & Gas Energy sector, Brunel is presently seeking a highly skilled Project Controls Lead responsible for a wide range of Project Management activities for a Downstream Project in order to deliver the project within the approved budget and project schedule. This will be a 12-month contract due to commence in February 2023.
- Development and implementation of required Project Controls process and fundamental procedures/work instructions such as project controls plan and contract strategy
- Responsible for coordination of required approval process including IVAS
Responsible for the following Project Controls activities together with each Discipline Manager/Lead (Planning, Cost, Risk and Information Management):
- Development and management of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) through the life of Project
- Planning and schedule management/progress reporting
- Risk management including CSRA
- Cost estimating
- Cost control, including accurate final cost forecasting
- Budget preparation and management (development and annual budget process)
- Information management/Document Controls, as well as correspondence management between Company and Contractor, and within the Company organisation
Responsible for the contract management activities of the Downstream Project together with Contract Manager:
- Develop and update the Contract strategy
- Preparation and coordination of tender stage for major contracts
- Management of Contracts including management of changes and necessary negotiations
- Manage necessary internal approval process
- Achieve cost savings through the contract management process
- Lead cost trend activities for final cot forecast
- Close-out of contracts (including close out reporting) and manage contract data feedback to Client corporate.
- Develop periodical project reporting to stakeholders to share the status of project accurately and timely.
- Responsible for stakeholder management including engagement of senior management as well as joint venture partners
- Project Management Professionals (PMP) or equivalent is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with different disciplines and cultures
- A thorough understanding of project controls processes throughout the project lifecycle
- Open-mind and cooperative
- Diligent and committed
- Extensive Oil & Gas Operator experience in Project Services / Control
- 12-month contract opportunity – to commence February 2023!
- Opportunity to work with this World Leading Oil & Gas Operator
- Excellent negotiable day rate!
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mandy Hobbs is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth