About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Vidalia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Process Superintendent
Brunel is currently searching for a Process Superintendent for direct hire with our client who is an industrial minerals and technology company. This role will be based Vidalia, Louisiana.
The role will be responsible for leading the Process Engineering team to help ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the Vidalia Operation. This position will also be responsible for developing and leading all aspects of process control philosophy and ensuring compliance with agreed standards.
- Managing process control activities, monitoring KPI performance and coordinating necessary adjustments
- Implement and monitor statistical process control for the main variables, sustaining In-Control conditions with Cp and Cpk metrics in place
- Conduct process analysis to main KPIs while identifying gaps and implementing Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Coordinate the development, revisions and deployment of Process Standard Operating Practices and training initiatives for Operators
- Supporting the training & development of direct reports and Control Room Operators
- Driving positive change utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Collecting and organizing data to generate and maintain process reports
- Support plant commissioning and early operation
- Plan and execute Mass Balance analysis to enable reagents consumption optimization
- Manage inventory of raw materials, WIP, reagents and final product
- Coordinate audit program to ensure operation compliance to process standards
- Contributing to site Health, Safety, Environment & Community (HSEC) performance by engaging and working collaboratively at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably in Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in Process Control within the chemical manufacturing industry or similar
- 2+ years’ experience in a team leadership and/or supervisory role
- Working knowledge of ISO, ASTM standards and test methods
- Proficient in Statistical Process Control and Cp / Cpk metrics
- Systematic and standardized mindset, capable of developing objective & concise systems
- Strong analytical skills, capable of translating data into useful information
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing principles and a Continuous Improvement focus
- Must be able to handle sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner
- Coming from a carbon processing facility would be a major plus
- Chemical and/or earth metals grinding and processing
- ISO 9001 and strong familiarization with the automotive parts supplier quality processes
- $120,000 annually
- Employees are eligible for benefits. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life/disability insurance
- IRA match 3%
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyOur client is is an industrial minerals and technology company.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Madison Ringlein is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston