About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Process Engineer – Isomerization (KSA)
- Your primary role will be to provide process engineering and operations expertise to monitor, optimize, and drive performance improvement programs for Isomerization processes, including remote and field technical advisory support, benchmarking, and Isomerization technology knowledge management and exchange. You will drive the performance improvement programs which enhance process safety, optimize manufacturing cost, and increase plant reliability;
- Review and monitor the performances of existing Isomerization manufacturing facilities through key performance indicators (KPIs) representing the process plant’s optimum operability, profitability, reliability, and process safety. Issue quarterly Isomerization performance benchmarking reports highlighting the KPIs, analysis, and performance improvement recommendations;
- Monitor and support the facilities in implementing the recommendations and closing the gaps identified in the quarterly performance benchmarking reports;
- Conduct benchmarking and best practices exchange workshops internally among Global Manufacturing facilities (wholly owned and affiliates) having Isomerization process technologies;
- Provide on-demand remote and/or field technical advisory support to Global Manufacturing facilities on matters concerning the operation of Isomerization plants which may include but not limited to process troubleshooting, start-up and shutdown activities, capacity test runs, technology pilot testing, and process design improvements. Issue service reports for every support activity provided highlighting the facilities need, actions taken, results, and lessons learned;
- In collaboration with Global Manufacturing facilities engineers, propose cost optimization or process improvement initiatives focusing on ‘low-hanging fruits’ with no or minimal capital investment required, through operational adjustment or design modification;
- Participate in Business Plan development and coordinate with stakeholders for any capital investments on assigned process units and support techno-economic evaluations;
- Be aware of technology developments in Isomerization process plants. Perform evaluation and approval of technology developments to Central Engineering and facilitate field deployment;
- Support arrangement and facilitation of technical knowledge exchange workshops with Isomerization process technology licensors and Global Manufacturing facilities;
- Participate in hazard operability (HAZOP) and safety integrity level (SIL) studies as required by Isomerization unit operating facilities;
- Participate in incident investigation activities concerning Isomerization process technologies as required by operating facilities.
- You must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or related specialization. An advanced degree is preferred;
- You should have a minimum of 15 years of total refinery or petrochemical process units experience (process engineering and operations) with at least 10 years’ experience in handling Isomerization plants;
- Exposure to different Isomerization process licensor technologies is a plus.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mohammad Shujat Qureshi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Mohammad Shujat Qureshi
Brunel Energy India Mumbai