About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Process Engineer – Crude Distillation (KSA)
- Primary role will be to provide exceptional process engineering support, monitoring plant performance, capture optimization opportunities and value-creation programs for the operation of crude Distillation and Treating Units in order to operate safely, reliably, and economically as well as achieve target goals while realizing company strategic imperatives;
- Perform in-depth plant monitoring and optimize performance of CDU/VDU units whilst overseeing the unit’s operation and economics losses;
- Issue detailed reports to recommend changes supported by simulation models’ result to optimize unit operation;
- Lead unit operations troubleshooting and investigating off-spec. products and plant trips/ upsets and manage the required deliverables. Support Operations during turnaround and unplanned Shutdowns / Startups by understanding the unit operating conditions and transient effects to recommend operations improvements;
- Perform specific tasks such as, but not limited to catalyst forecast/ evaluation, test runs, de-bottlenecking studies, due-diligence assessment, enhancement studies, HAZOP studies.
- Lead process safety management overseeing HAZOP, PSR, SIL, PSSR, QRA, and Alarm Rationalization. Lead HAZOP/Process Safety Reviews of plant operations as well as new modifications;
- Manage long and short-term projects by proposing major projects to improve safety, reliability and profitability. Prepare design requests, budget justifications and detailed implementation plans for economically justifiable projects. As well as develop detailed engineering design packages for in-house process-oriented projects and follow up on implementation;
- Review in-detail and revise standard work procedures like new operating procedures, instructions, RIMs, alarm and ESD check list, MOC, HAZOP, JSA, Relive valves, plant drawings;
- Ensure environmental and safety awareness effectiveness with work closely with the facility Safety and Environment management to improve safety and achieve highest environmental standards;
- Liaise with vendors and technology licensors for process enhancements and changes as well as with Engineering Services Department for any technology assessment and piloting support.
- You must hold a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree is preferred;
- You should have a minimum of 15 years total refinery process unit experience (process engineering and operations) with at least 10 years’ experience in handling Crude distillation units;
- Exposure to different licensor technologies for Hydrocarbon treating is a plus;
- Certified PHA/HAZOP leader;
- Familiarity and understanding of the best practices, design principles, international engineering standards and specifications relevant to operation of the concerned process units;
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mohammad Shujat Qureshi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Mohammad Shujat Qureshi
Brunel Energy India Mumbai