About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Netherlands
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Process Engineer - Req 9490
Our Oil & Gas Client in The Netherlands has current requirements for Process Engineers to join their large Division in Schiedam. These are contract positions (renewable) and ideally offered to candidates currently living and working in the EU (with independent rights).
In the role of Process Engineer, you will be assigned to one of our Client’s challenging FPSO projects. Together with other Process Engineers, you will contribute to the process design of the facility’s production and utility systems. You will utilize your knowledge of process technology, engineering methods and application of engineering standards and procedures to complete your work, ensuring that the process design is properly translated into Process Flow Diagrams, P&IDs, Data Sheets and other documents.
- Contributing to the definition of overall process scheme(s) in the most efficient and cost-effective manner to meet Client specifications and project/commercial constraints.
- Setting up of process simulation models (using HYSYS or UniSim software).
- Performing equipment sizing and hydraulic line sizing calculations.
- Ensuring that the required Process Safety design principles are incorporated in the design.
- Providing input to Operating and Maintenance manuals.
- Providing process input to other Engineering disciplines.
- Providing assistance to construction, offshore commissioning and start-up of an FPSO project.
- Ensuring compliance with our Client’s Technical Standards, corporate processes and Engineering work instructions as well as maintaining the quality of the deliverables and achievement of process discipline objectives.
- A relevant Technical University degree or higher educational level in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 - 10 years of relevant Process Engineering experience in Oil & Gas production facilities
- Process simulation (using HYSYS or UniSim software)
- Familiar with relevant international standards applicable to hydrocarbon processing industry, such as API, ISO, ASME, IEC, etc.
- Familiar with design review methods, such as HAZID and HAZOP
- You have the ability to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- You are analytical and like complexity
- You like working in a team
- You are an initiative taker with a pro-active approach
- Excellent knowledge of the English language in verbal and written communication
- Independent rights to live and work in the European Union
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarah Lane is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester