About this job
- Industry: Medical devices
- Area of expertise: Engineering
- Location: West Valley City
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Process Development Engineer
Our client is a leading innovator in the field of medical device manufacturing, dedicated to enhancing the quality of healthcare through cutting-edge technologies. We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Medical Device Process Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a Medical Device Process Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in developing and optimizing manufacturing processes to ensure the production of high-quality medical devices that improve patients' live
- Process Development: Develop and optimize manufacturing processes for medical devices, including new product introductions, process improvements, and cost-reduction initiatives.
- Ensure that processes are efficient, scalable, and compliant with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Continuous Improvement: Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for process enhancements, cost reductions, and efficiency improvements.
- Implement best practices and lean manufacturing principles to streamline operations.
- Design for Manufacturability (DFM): Collaborate with R&D and product design teams to provide input on design choices that enhance manufacturability, reduce production complexity, and improve product quality.
- Equipment and Tooling: Evaluate, select, and implement manufacturing equipment, tools, and fixtures to support production needs.
- Oversee equipment maintenance and calibration activities.
- Validation and Verification: Lead process validation activities, including protocol development, execution, and report writing.
- Ensure that manufacturing processes are validated and meet established quality criteria.
- Documentation Control: Maintain accurate and up-to-date manufacturing documentation, including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and batch records.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field; advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in medical device manufacturing or a similar regulated industry.
- Proficiency in process development, process optimization, and quality systems.
- Strong knowledge of FDA regulations and ISO standards (e.g., ISO 13485).
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis and statistical tools.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Project management experience is a plus.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Kenneth McGreevy is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Boston