About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Saskatoon
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Principle Electrical Engineer
Brunel is seeking a Principle Electrical Engineer for a major mining client on a project in Saskatoon, SK.
- Ensure an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility, and sustainable development, including development of initiatives to improve the HSEC profile of the project.
- Provide leadership for Electrical / I&C in respect to safe systems of work.
- Ensure conformance with the Company Charter, the Company Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- Recommends and incorporates any changes required to identify safety or risk improvements, capital efficiency, or productivity improvements.
- Implements Electrical Engineering strategy, plans, processes, and systems for the project.
- Represent the companies interest and vision during the development of the projects stage 1 engineering.
- Participate in the Prevention through Design, Strategic Procurement, and data-centric design programs.
- Ensure project designs are aligned with project objectives and developed on time and budget.
- Provide engineering contractor supervision (including field support) and technical assurance for electrical designs (High and Low Voltage) of the project, with a focus on Shaft, hoist, and Underground areas.
- Accountable to lead the development of cost effective, operable, maintainable and supportable electrical solutions that address business problems and integrate with existing and future business systems
- Accountable to work with engineering contractors for the development and improvement of electrical standards
- Work with stakeholders to ensure a multidisciplinary integrated design according to best practices and high safety standards.
- Oversee practices ensuring compliance with requirements of mines safety acts and/or regulations for Canada/Saskatchewan and other jurisdictions, as required.
- Support Risk identification, evaluation, and controls implementation process.
- Participate in technical documentation formal review and approval process.
- Identify gaps and support optimizing Electrical team strategy/plans.
- Develop internal competence, subject matter experts, and technical expertise.
- Assist in the governance and assurance of all EPCM development work.
- 10-15 years of experience in project engineering, working as part of EPCM or Owner’s teams.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Licensed, as a Professional Engineer in Saskatchewan (APEGS) is desirable.
- Post-graduate qualifications are well regarded.
- Industry experience in mining (surfaces, shafts and underground), utilities, or manufacturing.
- Potash mining and processing design experience desirable.
- Mine development, underground operation and maintenance
- Experience overseeing medium-sized teams, creating development plans, and mentoring.
- Experience in the use and application of Smartplant tools desirable.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cherie Taylor is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary