Principal Structural Engineer (Offshore)
Vacancy number • PUB406196
Brunel India is looking for Principal Structural Engineer (Offshore) to join our team in Bangalore, India. We are a leading provider of Engineering and Technical services to the Oil and Gas Industry.
About this role
- Primary tasks will be structural design and preparation of calculation reports, MTOs, guiding designers, reviewing 3D PDMS model using NAVISWORKS etc.;
- To produce structural/system models on Sesam GeniE, FEMAP, STAAD-Pro, and SACS. Also, should have fair knowledge in developing the local calculations using spreadsheets/Mathcad etc.;
- Knowledge of writing Java scripts for Sesam GeniE is preferred;
- In depth knowledge with standard international specifications and codes i.e. British Standard codes, AISC codes, API, Euro codes, DNVGL etc.;
- To thoroughly check the structural drawings & detailing in liaise with the engineering calculations & 3D PDMS model, considering the construction feasibility & the fabrication details;
- Preparation and Checking of MTO & Weight Control Report;
- Able to plan and work independently, reporting progress and schedule to team leaders and PMT;
- To coordinate the review and approval of vendor documents ensuring vendor specifications are in full compliance with contract requirements and meet with client equipment specifications;
- To liaise with the other discipline in order to deliver a consistent/compliant design & obtain input for discipline designs and drawings;
- To answer/coordinate general queries arising from clients, comments from approval authority, contractors or other disciplines;
- Provide technical guidance to subordinates in the project structural team whenever required;
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines as per discipline planning;
- Good coordination & communication skills;
- Exposure to EPC environments;
- Knowledge in detailed engineering projects is mandatory;
- Should be an effective team player, capable of working with multinational clients and possess good communication skills.
- Bachelors/Master of Technology – Civil/Structures;
- 15- 20 years relevant experience in the offshore Oil & Gas industry with specific experience on Detail Engineering of Structural Analysis for Offshore Oil and Gas facilities – Wellhead platforms, Fixed Process Platforms, FPSO topsides modules & Turret Mooring System. Minimum 3 projects in FPSO.
based on experience.
Brunel International is a leading provider of engineering and technical services to the Aviation Industry. We provide innovative solutions that help our clients achieve their goals. Our team consists of highly skilled professionals who are passionate about their work. We strive for excellence in everything we do and we take pride in our commitment to providing quality services.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mohammad Shujat Qureshi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406196