About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Woking
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Principal C&I Engineer
** THIS ROLE IS BASED IN WOKING, UK**
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE UK WORK RIGHTS
- Either a Lead Engineer on a project, or reporting to the Lead Engineer typically on larger projects, execute C&I engineering design activities for feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC projects.
- Can be technically responsible for all C&I and Telecoms engineering and design work and allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
- Capable of formulating resolutions and supervision of technically challenging and/or high profile issues, with support from Consultant Engineer/ Lead Engineer or Project Engineering Manager, and effectively communicating with Clients and Senior Management.
- Reviews the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, prepares man-hour estimates and provides input to project execution plan.
- Supervises, reviews and checks the C&I and Telecoms activities including: Philosophies, Specifications, Shut Down Cause & Effect Charts, Schedules, Drawings & Diagrams, Datasheets and Technical Requisitions for field instrumentation, control systems or bulk materials. Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract by raising technical queries with projects / client.
- Co-ordinates on project workshare with High Value Engineering Centres ensuring design quality and consistency in presentation.
- Participates in Factory Acceptance Test’s.
- Participates in multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary C&I and Telecoms engineering input and support to close out of actions.
- Identifies a clear scope of work and supervises preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR). Responsible for planning/scheduling the C&I and Telecoms engineering activities and manpower resource. Quantifies the total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation and format of delivery, and other requirements for execution of the work. Provides necessary regular project controls/ reporting input to Project Management.
- Reports project scope requirements, technical and performance issues & departmental project progress to E&I Manager
- Provides support to Procurement including for long lead item enquiry: prepares Technical Requisitions, reviews vendor documentation and provides Technical Bid Evaluation support to ensure design conformance.
- Ensures compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to equipment selection/specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
- Consults Quality Assurance with any quality issues ensuring compliance with Petrofac’s ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality Plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures. Co-ordinates Internal and client audit requests and facilitates audit procedures of engineering systems within the department. Complying with other Petrofac accredited frameworks such as ISO 14001.
- Contributes to training and development of other staff including identifying employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends training and development requirements.
- Performs related duties as and when instructed by Direct Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Typically Masters Degree in Instrument or Electrical Engineering, Chartered Status and significant related experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Exposure to Consultancy, FEED/ Detailed Design and EPC projects.
- Knowledge of international equipment specifications and codes.
- In depth knowledge of standard international specifications and codes.
- Knowledge of Safety and Quality Procedures.
- Specialist/high competency in specific area(s) of Controls or Instrument engineering and/or functional safety.
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Tactful in resolving issues
- Cost awareness
- Proactive approach
- Attention to detail
- Team player
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michelle Birnie is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester