About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: HR The Hague
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Master
About this role: Power Systems Architect - for Triple Grid Systems
Brunel are looking to identify Master's Degree or PhD educated Electrical Engineers with various levels of experience in electrical power systems and engineering, ideally obtained via industrial-scale renewable electric systems, EPC contractors, TSOs/DSOs, research projects and/or providing an engineering consultancy service. This 2 year contract is to work for a prestigious, global company renowned in the Oil, Gas and Renewables sectors. In regard to work location for this position, you can be based within their two offices (Amsterdam, Netherlands and Houston, United States) or undertake this position remotely across the globe.
NOTE: POSITION CAN BE PERFORMED REMOTELY. Should you wish to relocate, whilst assistance may be provided this would be at your own cost.
- Responsible for mid-term system design delivery technology authority.
- Technology roadmap owner, responsible for alignment of the roadmap with relevant business partners.
- Managing design team contributing from all 3 fields (chemical, power, data).
- IP portfolio development (with relevant team leads).
- Contributing to shaping of the long-range research program in the related area.
- Contributing to shaping capability development providing guidance on roadmap.
- Developing strong customer relationships to translate future customer product development into Shell’s technology roadmap.
- Incorporating existing industry standards and building new standards where required.
- Managing design of prototype and demonstration site power architectures integrating 20-1GW industrial conversion infrastructure for (multiple) industrial vehicles, supporting microgrid infrastructure and connect to industrial external grid infrastructure and auxiliary renewable power where appropriate.
- Focus on full site hierarchical system design defining power, data, connectivity and functionality for each of the system layers and subsystems required for delivery of the required energy, power and services.
- Focus on realization of scaling architectures accommodating:
- future system expansion facilitating customer future power (related) needs.
- easy reuse of technology in follow up market expansion; company standards and involvement in industry standards.
facilitating systems developing leading customer increasing demands or preparing next segment technology jumps.
- Supplier network building and joint technology development where needed.
- Full design of triple grid solutions including performance optimization, safety.
- Preferably PhD degree (or equivalent) in Electrical engineering and/or a Master’s degree (or equivalent). Relevant working experience in power transmission and distribution, renewable power generation and its system integration is a plus or a requirement depending on the position.
- Understanding of primary/secondary power transmission/distribution/storage components (e.g. Bidirectional power systems, power transformer, circuit breaker, shunt reactors/capacitors, FACTS, HVDC) and their application in the context of renewable generation, power transmission and industrial electrification.
- Electrical power system and engineering experience obtained via industrial-scale renewable electric systems, EPC contractor, TSO/DSO, research project or providing consultancy/engineering service.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Stephen Hardy is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester