About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Queensland
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Petrophysicist
Brunel Australasia are partnering with one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies to source a Petrophysicist for a Brisbane based role
The successful candidate will deliver subsurface input in support for QGC’s drilling and operational activities, including generation of wireline logging programs, supervision of wireline logging operations, interpretation of open & cased hole petrophysical data and custodian of Petrophysics openhole project, other areas of responsibilities will include
- Supporting contract holder in managing the safe delivery of wireline operations.
- Adherence to Petrophysical data management practices and reporting requirements.
- Deliver integrated subsurface and petrophysical studies.
- Responsible for supporting emergency response activities if/when required.
- Regular communication, collaboration and liaising with other operational & field-based teams.
- Role model diversity, equity and inclusivity (DE&I) behaviours to create an environment where different views and perspectives are valued.
Skill & Requirements
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or industry experience.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and decision makers to achieve an outcome.
- Demonstrated strong inter-personal skills (networking, communication & emotional intelligence).
- Ability to work independently and deliver results under pressure.
- Able to proactively manage their own professional and technical development, in consultation with their Line Manager and Discipline Lead.
- Strength in coaching and mentoring; and a tested capacity to influence and deliver through others.
- Techlog experience desirable.
- Demonstrated CSG experience is advantageous.
- Ability and desire to contribute to the development of a team culture (x-matrix).
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Monday - Friday Brisbane CBD based roe
- $765 per day including super
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane