About this job
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Ontario
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: People & Culture Advisor
We are currently hiring a People & Culture Advisor for our client. The People & Culture Advisor is tasked with providing tactical, responsive HR support to individual contributors in assigned business units and/or functions. The position serves as the first point of contact and trusted advisor for employee relations issues and human resources policies and processes. The People & Culture Advisor will champion, demonstrate, and uphold the company’s commitments & values to foster an environment of trust, and employee engagement for a diverse workforce. This is a 12-month contract with Hybrid work based in the Brampton/ Kitchener office.
- Provides reliable and timely coaching and counseling to employees on issues to ensure consistent, transparent application of policies, procedures, and employments laws
- Identify, communicate, and resolve employee relations issues balancing employee advocacy with stewardship of company policies and employment laws
- Serves as the local People point of contact supporting/delivering internal processes including Performance Management, New Hire Orientation and Exit interviews
- Conducts training on company policy, programs, and other issues as they arise
- Partners and participates with local team(s) on recruitment outreach efforts
- Serves as an active member of People related project teams as assigned
- Apprise and escalates potential legal, risk, safety, etc. concerns to the People Manager
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Human Resources, Business Administration, or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience
- Experience: Two (2) years of related work experience (in addition to education requirement)
- PHR, SHRM-CP, or CHRP Certification preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
- Solutions-oriented approach to problem solving and conflict resolution with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Strong internal and external customer focus
- Self-motivated; ability to navigate complex environments, get answers and autonomously drive solutions
- Comfortable with high volume workload and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately assess risk
- Ability to use experience and judgment to make decisions that may be based on imperfect or incomplete information
- Ability to recognize trends and communicate the same as appropriate
- Comfort with ambiguity; strong learning agility mindset to embrace and drive change
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting, however, operational site visits are required with exposure to weather and areas where large equipment is operated, and exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely
- Ability to travel up 10-30% of the time depending upon geographic span of responsibility
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Angelina Brathwaite is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto