About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: South East England
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
About this role: Operations Readiness Engineer
This position will participate in the execution of all Operations Readiness and Commissioning & Start-Up activities within the ONEgas West projects and modifications portfolio.
Accountabilities • Be accountable for the assigned Operations Readiness and Commissioning & Start-Up deliverables in accordance with Company standards • Execution of work scopes in compliance with the Operations Readiness process (Project Standard 5) with specific focus on 3 pillar model (Front end Operations, CSU & Handover and Asset Owner Readiness) including management of repeated failures • Covers Operations Readiness and Commissioning & Start-Up aspects for multifaceted scope, incl. maintenance, modifications, and projects
• Provide support to the production unit in the development and coaching of operate phase deliverables and personnel • Manage operational assurance reviews within assigned work scopes, for example Operations Mode Assurance Reviews • Accountable for assigned commissioning activities within turnaround campaigns Commissioning specific activities • Preparation of Commissioning Procedures and Handover Documentation • Onshore commissioning support to operations • Support for 3rd party assurance close out / findings / actions.
• Support Ready for Start Up activities (trackers / audits etc.). • Managing vendors for commissioning activities. • Provide commissioning spares support. • Attending FATs/ IFATs.
Skills & Requirements • A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in projects/modifications preferably with experience as a Commissioning Engineer • Broad experience in an operational environment, preferably with some of it in an offshore environment. • Knowledge of preventive maintenance, broad understanding of key disciplines (mechanical, instrumentation, electrical, rotating).
• Strong cost drive and cost conscious ‘spend it like your own’ mindset. • Good understanding of shutdown planning • Ability to motivate and influence others and work through others to deliver the desired results. • Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Minimum Qualifications: HNC / HND (UK), HTS (NL) or equivalent in engineering or hydrocarbon subject matter. • Ability to be self-motivated and work independently, but also capable of integrating into a multi-discipline, multi-cultural team.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michelle Birnie is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester