About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Greater London
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Onshore Telecoms Engineer
Our client, a High-Profile Global Organisation within the Energy Sector, has a exciting contract opportunity for a highly skilled Onshore Telecoms Engineer to work within one of their Project Teams – immediate start!Location: London
Duration: 12 Months
Your Responsibilities Will Include:• Assure the Telecoms discipline issuance, review, and approval of EPC technical documents;• Provide expertise in WAN, Corporate LAN, Telephone System, Hotline System, Public Address General Alarm (PAGA), Meteo Environmental Monitoring System (MEMS), Vessel Traffic Monitoring System (VTMS), Marine Systems (Quick Release Hooks, Mooring Line Monitoring, Berthing Aid System, Ship to Shore, Marine Data Gathering System), CCTV (Process & Security), Access Control, Perimeter Intrusion Detection System, Personnel/Vehicle/Parcel Scanners, Integrated Security Management System (including intercom), VHF Marine Radio System, Operation Radio System (DMR and TETRA), Entertainment System (IPTV & Recreational WiFi), Structured Cabling System, Fibre Optic Network, Radio Towers, etc;• Implement engineering specifications and provide quality assurance in the procurement of materials, equipment and services to ensure conformity with sound engineering practice and cost effectiveness;• Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all Telecoms design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed;
• Interface with corporate and partner IT personnel to ensure security firewalls are in place for business enterprise data access.
Your Right for This Role if:• Degree in Telecommunications Engineering discipline;• Proficient in English language;• Eight (8) or more years’ experience in Oil and Gas and large projects;• Sound understanding of applicable regulatory requirements in international settings;
• Supervisory experience related to plant and project engineering with increasing size and responsibility;• Extensive knowledge of standard engineering methods, technologies and computerized design techniques;• Must have recent experience working on the design of telecoms a network infrastructures for oil & gas facilities;• Experience in working in a project team of engineers and able to function (based upon prior experience) in both the design and operational environment and be able to adapt to different work conditions in office and at site.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester