About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Operations & Maintenance
- Location: Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 84
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Mining Superintendent
Brunel Papua New Guinea are seeking a Mining Superintendent. FIFO role from Australia to a key gold mine in PNG. Responsible for the Mining component of the steep cut-back project. Critical importance to integrate the Project Mining with the existing Mine Operations. Initial 12 month contract with possibility of extension (project life is over 5 years) with FIFO paid benefits and competitive package, roster 20 days on/20 days off. Commencement date is as soon as possible.
- Ensure statutory compliance of the open cut operation.
- Play lead role in forming the team to manage both a subcontractor and Mine owned assets. Contract management activities (including administration, QAQC, compliance, reporting and daily management)
- Hold the statutory responsibility for the Mine Operation.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting as required.
- Provide safety leadership to the project with a strong focus on process safety and culture.
- Ensure that occupational health and safety issues are considered in all aspects of duties performed.
- Comprehending and understanding Newcrest scope, policies and procedures.
- Lead role in delivering the project on time, within budget, and as per technical specification and assist in the reporting requirements to the project Steering committee.
- Assist in the ongoing, site-based stakeholder engagement, to facilitate cooperation and alignment through strong relationship management between Mine Operations personnel, Project Delivery, Technology, and Technical Services; and challenge assumptions and foster innovative thinking, to deliver the best outcomes for the Mine.
- Degree qualification in Mining Engineering or similar
- Membership of a professional organisation
- Demonstrated attitude to safety and high energy in-field leader
- Stakeholder engagement skills
- Coaching and mentoring of PNG National staff
- Self-motivating problem solver
- Safety management/ leadership is critical
- This is a senior role and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the industry is required.
- Knowledge of world class mine development techniques
- Planning and scheduling
- Recording and maintaining site records
- Experience in an operational open pit mine (critical)
- Competent in IT, at a minimum; MS Office. CAD (advantageous).
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Wilfred Kochannek is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane