About this job
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Area of expertise: Medical
- Location: Ontario
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Medical Information Specialist-Commercial
We are currently hiring Medical Information Specialist-Commercial for our client, a leading pharmaceutical company known for its global contribution in providing potentially life-changing treatments and the protection of life-saving vaccines to millions of people.
The Medical Information Specialist will mainly be responsible for ensuring evidence-based and accurate medical information on the company’s products is provided to health care professionals, consumers, and internal clients in a timely manner. Within assigned portfolio, support the MI call centers, under external supplier responsibility, maintain the Canadian product information bank and contribute to launch readiness activities for new products.
- Handling of escalated inquiries in the therapeutic areas assigned from outsourced Medical Information Contact Centre (MICC) during business hours, Monday to Friday and for urgent escalations after business hours that requires immediate discussion with a customer
- Coordination, development, and maintenance of MI US and Global Scientific and Standard Response Documents (SRDs)
- Contact Center tools repository in all concerned therapeutic areas for promoted products, mature products (base products) and for launch and acquired products, including launch readiness activities, investigational products (assistance only) and interface with Patient Support Program if applicable (assistance only), Digital media and other programs
- Close collaboration with MICC vendor and other departments like medical, regulatory, CMC, legal, communications etc. to ensure the right content is available.
- Data analytics for MI insights/trends, KPI tracking, reporting
a) key markets MedInfo data analysis
b) Generation of MI activity metrics and reports, metrics reports to teams, and responding to queries about the reports: Trends and Insights report creation (global, country, or inquiry category- or product- based, regular and upon request); management of and contributions to dashboards
c) MedInfo KPI tracking (escalation rates, response time, open inquiries longer than 2 weeks etc.)
d) Contribute to optimization of Global Medical Information systems.
e) Actively participate in the department's projects (testing/development of dedicated computer tools/software, updating of operating procedures, document templates, etc.)
- Contribute to the development, review, and update of a product information bank (standard documents such as Q&As, standard letters and technical sheets for use in verbal and written responses)
- Participate in the development of specific technical/medical responses or analysis to specific situations such as product discontinuation or media attention
- On an ad hoc basis, analyze and share customer insights with commercial and field teams to meet customer needs
- Contribution to crisis management, product alerts: Participate in the development of specific technical/medical responses or analysis to specific situations such as product discontinuation, media attention, crisis situations and responses to health authorities or other organizations within the assigned therapeutic areas
- Global inquiry escalation management and ad hoc country support on literature review and custom scientific response documents (CSRD); Contribute to literature reviews
- Participation in GMI workstreams: Participate in global MI meetings to ensure best practice sharing and transparent communication
- Manage product monograph reviews
- Reporting of potential AEs and PTCs, provide monthly reconciliation reports to PV and QA Participate in the preparation of monthly activity reports and contribution to inspections and audits
- Contribute to global quality document creation (SOP, WIN etc.): coordinating, updating, and writing of US and global quality documents
- Compliance monitoring of MI activities by monitoring of key performance indicators (KPIs) for vendors and reporting of anomalies and their management (description, root cause, CAPA= Corrective and Preventive Actions), including quality Monitoring (Quality Control – QC) of Medical Information Contact Center (MICC) vendor and identification and implementation of CAPAs
- Deliver training on Medical Information services and processes for commercial, field teams and patient support program suppliers or other
- Coordinating, providing, and monitoring of product/MI trainings for MICC vendor staff and sales representatives
- Train colleagues and newcomers on specific processes or topics in line with business expertise
- Coordination of MI and related databases, software implementation, upgrades, and maintenance (local level only)as well as afterhours service provider(s)
- Interface with other departments such as Quality Assurance, Pharmacovigilance, (e.g. risk management), Regulatory, Medical (e.g. Special Access Program) Communications, and Commercial.
- Contribution to paper and electronic filing and archiving
- Writing summaries of FDA annual report clinical literature for NDA products
- Pharmacist, PharmD or physician
- Previous experience of pharmaceutical medical information processes is an asset
- Some experience in hospital, community pharmacy or in a drug information centre would be an asset
- Experience in designing and conducting literature searches
- Strong Customer-centric values
- Excellent Communications skills, Medical writing
- Strong analytical and synthesis aptitudes, and teamwork approach
- Problem solving abilities, time management and multi-tasking
- Understanding of the clinical development process and of the commercial environment would be an asset
- Occasional meetings with external suppliers, participation in off-site meetings and scientific conferences
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data sharing platform such as e-room or SharePoint
- Experience with scientific literature database such as Medline, Embase and Medscape
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Angelina Brathwaite is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto