About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: South East England
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Master
About this role: Mechanical Static Engineer
- Our client, is a major player in the energy sector on a global scale and is looking for a highly skilled Mechanical Static Engineer to join one of their existing project teams;
- Start date: ASAP;
- Duration: 1 Year;
- Location: Great Yarmouth, England.
What you Will be Doing:
- Working in support and at the Bacton Gas terminal with the aim being the provision of mechanical expertise and support in the production unit and demonstrate technical integrity and reliability of pressure equipment (pressure vessel, tanks, piping etc) from a fitness for service perspective;
- Role is integrated within agile frameworks and as such it is part of the team that is tasked to keep the terminal reliable and available;
- Evaluating and implementing processes in support of pressure equipment integrity management;
- Analyse equipment condition, perform fitness for service assessments and identify improvement with the RBI and corrosion management framework processes.
What we are Looking for:
- Master or bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (or another relevant discipline) obtained from an internationally accredited university or institution;
- Knowledge and experience (min 10 years) in the above-mentioned discipline(s) covering, brown field modifications, maintenance, Fitness for Service assessments with related and supportive software tools;
- API 579 or equivalent: Fitness for services determinations (Level 2 minimum);
- Skill level knowledge of ASME B31.3, ASME-VIII, ASME PCC-2 o Experience in the repair and manufacturing of pressure equipment;
- Working knowledge of functionality and use of the maintenance management systems and supporting software SAP;
- A good understanding of the UK legislative stipulations governing the use or pressure equipment fabrication and use;
- Preferably carries working level knowledge of supporting facility subject to COMAH regulations.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester