About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Mechanical & Piping Fabrication Shop Superintendent
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021).
- Provide strong, consistent safety leadership to EPC’s fabrication shop teams, their subcontractors and vendors.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Onshore Project Site Safety, Health, Environment and Security program within the individual EPC Contractor fabrication shops
- Responsible for ensuring the EPC’s Fabrication shop Contractor Team’s implement and sustain their obligations and responsibilities for SHES project deliverables
- Onshore Project EPC’s Team Quality and Construction representative for monitoring and coordinating on site fabrication shop activities.
- Reports on the SHES, Quality and Production activities, progress, areas of concern and mitigating actions to the site manager and relevant EPC Construction, quality and SHES leads.
- Provides accurate, timely and routine reports to the site manager and relevant EPC Construction, quality and SHES leads on project planning and execution activities
- Leads appropriate weekly fabrication progress review meetings with relevant EPC Contractors.
- Participates in weekly site construction, quality and SHES review meetings.
- Responsible for implementation of execution activities and ensures development, review, and approval (as required) of appropriate plans, procedures, and programs for safe and effective delivery through the on site fabrication shops.
- Reviews and approves the individual EPC Contractor fabrication shop teams construction sequences, prioritisation, work plans, pre-task planning and method statements to ensure comprehensive safety, optimised sequence to support overall project delivery and constructability in their area of responsibility.
- Leads fabrication shop incident investigations with support from the SHES organization.
- Ensures fabrication shop activities are completed in accordance with Onshore Project SHES, Construction & Quality procedures, regulations, specifications, standards, and permit to work procedures as applicable, including relevant procedures. Daily sanctioning of permits and monitoring of work areas.
- Participates in the review of subcontracts and ensures that adequate control and changes in work procedures are established.
- Bachelor or Associates degree in Engineering or Science.
- Recognized degree in engineering or construction management, and or prior work experience or apprenticeship leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
- NACE III (or equivalent)
- CSWIP 3.2 welding inspector (or equivalent)
- ISO 9001 quality management system auditor / certified
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in construction and project execution
- Experience in major Construction Projects with total capital expenditure >USD$1B
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarfraz Mohammad is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy India Mumbai