About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Vocational School
About this role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Brunel are looking for a highly skilled Mechanical Design Engineer to work for one of our industry leading global clients Location: Monaco, France
Start date: ASAPDuration: 12 Months
Day to day Responsibilities:• Issuance of equipment technical specifications (free issued items such as forgings, bolting, castings, structural assembly, pressure vessel / mooring connectors manufacturing and testing)• Review and approval of mechanical drawings / hydraulic diagrams (interface)• Vendor selection process (interface with supply chain, review offers and issue TBE, participate to bid clarification meetings…)• PO execution: package engineer (accountable for compliance with specs), issue technical clarification list, review documentation, manage non-conformance(s) and deviations
• Attend critical inspection(s) at manufacturer(s) premises such as inspection, assembly, FAT• Gather Lessons learnt for future projects• Support site team until integration on board (stack erection, commissioning)• Propose and work on improvements to the swivel / mooring connectors / mechanical parts
You are Right for This Role if:• Mechanical and/or welding and/or material engineering school or equivalent• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Manufacturing and Mechanical Assembly, within the Energy, O&G or welded construction sector.• Team spirit and good communication skills• Ability to monitor and follow up subcontractors/suppliers/partners
• Autonomous and able to think out of the box• Strong analytical skills• Curious and motivated to propose and/or explore new ideas• Willing to travel (Europe mainly)
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester