About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Netherlands
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Manager Group Data Managment - 10040
Brunel are pleased to present an exciting opportunity for a motivated and suitably qualified Manager – Group Data Management to join our Client’s Schiedam, Netherlands based team on a Contract basis.
Efficient availability of high-quality data is a key enabler to assure realisation of our Client’s strategic (digital) objectives.
The main purpose of the Manager Group Data Management is to set-up, position and manage the new group Data Management team, aiming to bring data management within the Company to the next level of maturity.
To achieve this, a dedicated Data Management department will be set-up at Group level, with the key/main objectives being:
- Facilitation of Data Governance and design
- Implementation of a global Data Management Framework to ensure data management activities/responsibilities are clearly defined and implemented within the organization.
Reporting Lines and Relationships:
- Reports to: Director Data & Integra Solution Management (D&S)
- Supervision of: Data Architect, Data Governance Lead, Data Administration Lead, Data & BI tooling lead
- Liaises with: Manager IFS Solution Management, Manager IT Enterprise Architecture, Manager Product Data Lifecycle Management, IT / Digital Leadership Team members, Manager IT Operations, Manager IT Security, Business Process / Data owners
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of the global Company Data Management strategy, in close collaboration with the IT / Digital Leadership team and (senior) business stakeholders.
- Set-up and facilitate Data Governance across various levels of the organisation
- Define the global Data Management Framework and safeguard controlled implementation and application of the framework within our Digital Transformation program and business operations
- Support and contribute to a fully integrated and aligned Data & IT architecture
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of the global Data Security Framework, in close collaboration with the IT Security team and (senior) business stakeholders
- Define and implement the global Data Quality Framework, in close collaboration with (senior) business stakeholders (process / data owners)
- Design and implementation of support processes and procedures related to Data Management and key Data & BI tooling, including MS Azure Data Lakehouse and Power BI
- Define, build, lead the group Data & BI department, including clear positioning within the organization, safeguarding team members have up to date skills and the right (level of) competencies to deliver the work results in time and within budget
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the (senior) business stakeholders (process / data owners) and IT / Digital management
- Strong convincing and promotional skills to increase data awareness across the organization
- Audit and report on governance / assurance performance and the application of relevant process / procedures and internal controls
- Define and implement the budgeting process in line with the company’s guidelines and manage the budget for the team and review and report on the team’s financial performance
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in: Business Management, Business Administration, Computer Science / Engineering or another related field.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in Data Management, of which a minimum of 3 years in a leadership or Senior management position
- Excellent knowledge of Data Management methodologies and best practices
- Good knowledge of Data Management and BI technologies and tooling (Microsoft Azure / Power BI is a pre)
- A proven track record in building and managing cross-functional teams.
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Sound decision-making capability with the ability to drive and achieve results.
- Demonstrate a passion for service excellence, constantly seeking ways to improve the service to customers
- Experience in managing external (software) suppliers and service providers, including contract management and negotiation.
- Fluent in English
Candidates MUST have independent rights to live and work in the European Union (no sponsorship offered)
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarah Lane is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester