Vacancy number • PUB406547
Reporting to the Manager, Maintenance, and Engineering, the primary objective for the Fixed, Plant Maintenance Superintendent is to provide leadership to a top-notch team and inspire, empower, and support them to provide asset availability to deliver on the planned production profile at or below budgeted costs.
About this role
- Promote the IRS (Internal Responsibility System), Champion and enforce the principles of the IRS to ensure a shared responsibility towards health, safety, and environment standards among all employees and contractors.
- Oversee and ensure that all health, safety, environment, and community (HSEC) objectives are met, implementing policies and procedures that protect the wellbeing of all personnel and the surrounding community.
- Work closely with the services, production, and maintenance superintendents to cultivate a culture of safety, efficiency, and reliability across all operations. Your collaborative efforts will be pivotal in enhancing operational synergies and achieving production targets.
- Lead by example to foster a culture focused on safe, efficient, and reliable production. Ensure that all team members are aligned with and contribute to this culture, promoting a safe working environment as a top priority.
- Oversee and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for the department. Regularly review and analyze performance data to identify trends, areas for improvement, and implement strategies to address any issues.
- Proactively identify challenges and bottlenecks within the department's operations. Implement corrective actions and improvements to resolve these issues, ensuring the department's objectives are met efficiently.
- Drive the implementation of progressive, sustainable improvements in line with the company's business objectives. Ensure that changes and enhancements contribute to the long-term success and efficiency of the department.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment with business objectives, facilitating effective communication and cooperation across all levels of the organization.
- Minimum 5 years experience in senior a leadership capacity
- Minimum of 10 years in Fixed Plant Maintenance experience with electrical infrastructure, hoists, crushers, conveyances, compressed air, dewatering pumping systems, etc
- Certified Trade, Technologist or Engineering degree would be considered an asset
- Critical thinker with/ technical knowledge, reliability background and mechanical/electrical skills
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Norka Thompson is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406547