Machinery Head Utilities/Inlets
Vacancy number • PUB406527
- Plans and supervises all mechanical, machinery maintenance, machine shop work and general fabrication activities for all Onshore Project activities for all static and rotating equipment, by initiating minor modifications, designs and overseeing fabrication works and the utilization of specialized machines such as lathes, drilling, grinding, cutting and welding machines.
- Plans and supervises design, fabrication, installation, commissioning and start-up activities for all machinery scope. Provide guidance to EPC contractor to expedite key decisions to deliver machinery scope per project execution plans.
- There is a high volume of Machinery scope in and very large pieces of equipment, significant effort will be required to meet project objectives.
About this role
- Reviews and processes work activities, discussing and determining priorities in conjunction with Heads of Process, Electrical, Mechanical, Facility and Maintenance Engineering together with Operations and Engineering Advisors to ensure that project deliverables are met.
- Provides guidance to EPC contractor to complete machinery design per project specifications.
- Coordinates significant interface between key vendors (BHGE, Siemens, MHI, etc) and EPC contractor to ensure quality and execution objectives are met.
- Reviews recommended modifications, prepares reports on technical feasibility, standardizing compatible materials wherever possible.
- Liaises with production, safety, logistics and construction personnel to coordinate all activities including scheduling, isolation, transportation, material requirements and development of contingency plans to ensure project remains on schedule and within agreed costs.
- Initiates material procurement requests and provides detailed material specifications to ensure that work is carried out in accordance with specifications and safety regulations.
- Coordinates and supervises site fabrication works including communicating with contractors and vendors during the planning stage and execution of the job.
- Drives delivery of Long Lead Machinery scope to ensure that project schedule is not delayed.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in machinery design, fabrication, installation and commissioning in a major LNG project with at least 4 years in a supervisory capacity and working in a major LNG project environment, with detailed knowledge of pumps, compressors, turbines, heat exchangers, pipes and pipe fitting. Previous experience working with large Gas Turbines (Frame 9s and Frame 6s) and large Steam Turbines is preferred
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- December 2027, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406527