About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Technical
- Location: Vancouver
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Legal Counsel
Our client is a Canadian precious metals mining company with four operating mines in Argentina, Burkina Faso, Mexico and Peru, and a fifth mine under construction in Côte d'Ivoire.
Reporting to the Corporate Legal Director. Under the direction of the Corporate Counsel, the Legal Counsel will provide multi-disciplinary legal guidance and support across the organization, including members of the senior management team and Board of Directors.
This position can be based out of Vancouver or Toronto on a hybrid remote work basis.
- Provide support concerning legal issues related to developing and implementing the Company´s business strategy, corporate and regulatory requirements, compliance, corporate governance policies, and other matters as required.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management to ensure consistent application and compliance of by-laws, policies, and other governance documents.
- Support the Company´s various business units and regional offices in understanding, interpreting, anticipating, and managing relevant legal and regulatory requirements, risks, and opportunities.
- Prepare, draft, revise and review all continuous disclosure documents for the Company and ensure filing deadlines are met.
- Provide support on ethics and HR matters, employment law matters, claims, litigation, and other compliance and risk matters as requested by the Corporate Counsel.
- Monitor changes and inform the Corporate Counsel to ensure the Company is compliant with all legislative, regulatory, and continuous disclosure requirements, given the ownership structure and shareholder makeup of the Company.
- Review and negotiate and draft a variety of commercial contracts or other complex legal documents relating to the Company’s business operations, ensuring comprehensive and current template agreements are provided for use in or by various functional areas.
- Conduct legal research, identify legal issues and risks, and stay abreast of the latest legal trends. Monitor and provide new or proposed legislation and regulations and formulate and recommend legal strategies and solutions that may affect the Company´s activities.
- Law (form an accredited law school)
- ~7 years' legal work experience
- Experience in reviewing continuous disclosure documents, including news releases for compliance with applicable securities laws and National Instrument 43-101 – Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects (desirable).
- Member in good standing with a law society of a Province of Canada
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary