Vacancy number • PUB406055
A well known local contractor in the civil and rail industry, recognised for their commitment to excellence and career progression for their staff, are looking for a Leading Hand to join their team.
As a Leading Hand, you will lead and inspire a team on local civil and rail projects, contributing to the overall success of the business. This role offers the chance to work with industry leaders with a real opportunity to advance your career whilst gaining broad project experience close to home.
About this role
- Lead and mentor a team on civil and rail projects including machine operators and site team members.
- Coordinate daily tasks to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Champion safety protocols and procedures, maintaining our commitment to a secure work environment.
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, and stakeholders to achieve project goals.
- Proven experience as a Leading Hand in the civil and rail industry or ready to take a step up.
- In-depth knowledge of construction processes and techniques.
- Strong leadership, organisational, and communication skills.
- Dedication to maintaining a safe and productive work environment.
- Relevant certifications and qualifications in civil construction.
- Competitive salary reflecting your skills and experience.
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
- Health and wellness programs to support you and your family
- Collaborative and inclusive work culture that values your contributions.
- Access to cutting edge projects, enhancing your skill set and industry knowledge.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Trent Merrotsy is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406055