Lead PVV Engineer
Vacancy number • PUB406465
- Ensure Engineering Dossier are delivered with a robust PVV engineering definition and fit for purpose design that can be procured, fabricated, transported, installed, and operated safely, meeting the requirements of standard, project basis of design, and SOR.
- Ensure assigned project tasks within PVV discipline are well managed in accordance with the project execution plan and contractual requirements that includes:
- Thorough, efficient, and timely review of project PVV discipline documents, realization of potential derogations to the standards, and challenge the design to achieve an optimize and fit for purpose outcome
- Assisting to project studies and meetings related to the PVV discipline as per project approved gate levels and design maturity
- Identifying potential risks and scope changes within the PVV discipline, conducting impact assessment to provide detailed information to Package Engineering Manager for decision making.
- High performance, competency, and availability of the resources within the PVV team in close coordination with Package Engineering Manager
About this role
- Ensure, control and coordinate the proper realization of the PVV design in compliance with project specifications and procedures, time schedule, required level of quality and safety
- Plan, prepare and lead the PVV discipline kick-off meeting with EPC Contractor in close coordination with Package Engineering Manager and Engineering Coordinators.
- Contribute to the proper realization of the identification of and specification of the LLI
- Identify and manage PVV engineering technical decisions to be made. Define and manage clear way forward for these decisions to be made and agreed within Engineering phase time schedule.
- Monitor closely the discipline progress, define all actions and manage them to secure the design completion.
- Work closely with Package Engineering Coordinators to coordinate and manage PVV engineering interfaces with other disciplines and other parties.
- Detail and monitor the PVV interface parameters between jacket and topsides, and other components.
- Assist Package Engineering Manager in preparation of Package Engineering Execution Plan to develop agreed based lines for PVV discipline.
- Work with weight control engineer and engineering team to ensure close weight monitoring and control of weight.
- Ensure project documents related to the PVV discipline are reviewed and commented in a timely manner and in accordance with standards, project specification and contractual requirements.
- Identify any optimization / improvement in the design dossier to be implemented in the early stage of detailed design, promote, and encourage submissions of value engineering proposals.
- Promote fit for purpose design to reduce and to optimize planning and costs,
- Ensure as far as possible standardization of design proposals for wellhead platforms
- Coordinate and issue project response to contractors and vendors requests on engineering design clarifications and TQR.
- Liaise with discipline engineer to identify/review the protentional deviations/derogations to the to ensure deviation package is mature for CMS submission and approval.
- Consult E&C department to process derogation requests and interface with relevant TRP to secure needed approvals
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines on all engineering, constructability and operational matters,
- Qualification: Engineering degree in mechanical engineering.
- Experience: minimum 15 years’ experience as mechanical/ PVV engineer in Oil and Gas industry.
- Strong knowledge in piping components, valves, pressure vessels, PDMS, welding, metallurgy, piping codes (ASME, API, ASTM),
- At least 5 years of experiences as Lead PVV Engineer supervising a team
- Extensive experience in piping, vessel and valve engineering with relevant experience within the offshore oil and gas production industry,
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 31-Dec-2025, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Muhammad Umair Afzal is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406465