About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Indonesia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Lead Planner/Scheduler
Brunel has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Planner/Scheduler with our client who is a leading mining company based in Arizona.
This contract position will work on-site in Indonesia. This position will initially be working remote and then the jobsite in Indonesia. In addition, a comprehensive Medical Check Up (MCU) must be completed and passed to work on this project.
About the Role
- Manages and oversees scheduling function within project controls functional area for moderate to high-risk capital engineering and construction projects.
- Responsible for project planning and scheduling, monitoring, progress measurement, risk management and reporting.
- Manages planning team members reporting to the Project Controls Manager.
- Participates in establishing operating policies to mitigate risk.
- Provides guidance and consultation for project team members.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Guide and direct resolution of project difficulties and complex project control issues. Strong analytical skills required to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns, and potential mitigations
- Interact with the Project Management team and corporate team in the development of the project schedule and participate in regular project meetings. Gather information, conduct analysis, and prepare reports and presentations of information to communicate potential issues and concerns as needed on the project. Integrate multiple schedules into a master project schedule.
- Identify, determine, and communicate design changes, scope changes, schedule slippages and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigations. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, well documented and ensure the change management process is followed and communicate and suggest corrective actions
- Coordinate with cross functional team in project setting, ensure project controls team members are interfacing with engineering, procurement, contracts and construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work.
- Manage project baseline process for schedule and participate in progress measurement as well as forecasting of final schedule throughout the project. Ensure all planning is conducted in accordance with company standards and procedures and that schedule version control processes, policies, and procedures are followed.
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend mitigations and potential workarounds
- Participate in risk management; this includes identification, documentation, mitigation and tracking of potential risks on the project. In addition, determine potential schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified
- Mentor and lead other project planner/scheduling members, ensure project planning team is staffed appropriately, conduct regular staff performance reviews, and manage any staffing issues that may arise
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slippages identified in schedule
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or related fields and ten (10) years’ experience in Construction Management, at least six (6) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls OR
- High School diploma or GED and fifteen (15) years’ experience in engineering, construction, project controls or business-related field with at least six (6) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls planning and scheduling
- Experience with construction of metal mining operations, especially with regards all disciplines of construction.
- Experience with construction mega projects.
- Preferred experience working on Combined Cycle Power Plants and/or LNG projects.
- Experience with cost estimating for civil projects, project scheduling and project controls
- Skilled in related scheduling software (Primavera, MS Project, etc. )
- Daily rate
- Full-time employees are eligible for benefits. Benefits include medical, dental and vision that will begin on your first day of employment.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match – 50% of earnings up to 3% match (immediate vesting). Effective 1st day of the month following date of hire
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Our client is a global leader in the mining and metals industry.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Madison Ringlein is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston