About this job
- Industry: Public & Civil
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Brisbane
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Lead Planner
Our client, a global leader in the development of renewable energy and green hydrogen projects, is seeking an experienced and motivated Lead Planner to join their team based in Brisbane. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the company's vision of building thriving communities and supporting the global energy transition.
The Lead Planner will be responsible for the development planning of an ongoing study into an execution schedule for a mega project. This includes managing and leading the contractor schedules, approvals, and change management on the schedules, as well as analyzing progress and potential claims. The successful candidate must have knowledge and experience across planning of major capital projects, project controls, commercial, and construction activities.Key Duties and Responsibilities:• Develop the Level 3 study schedule into a Level 4 execution schedule, ensuring integration with the budget.• Manage and lead the contractor schedules, approvals, and change management on the schedules.• Update progress and integrate contractor schedules into the master program.
• Manage change control for the planning and progress measurement systems.• Apply Earned Value Management techniques to measure/status and monitor progress and performance.• Coordinate planning aspects within the broader project controls team ensuring alignment and collaboration with the other functions.• Establish positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Lead, support and develop less senior planners and schedulers.• Attend contractors' meetings related to schedule and progress.• Accurately and timely issue both weekly and month end reports.• Participate in schedule workshops, risk reviews, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:• Tertiary qualification in engineering or internationally accredited project controls certification.• At least 15 years of industry experience, of which 10 years should be in Planning or equivalent.• Strong communication skills with the ability to interface with project and corporate stakeholders.
• Advanced skills in Primavera P6, MS Office Suite, Acumen Fuse, Risk Analysis, One Pager, and Business Intelligence tools like Power BI.• Experience in large scale projects in international environments.• Ability to understand overall project schedule and bigger picture.• Client-side / Operator experience with exposure to the full project life cycle, from concept through to execution, and the associated stage gates.
• Ability to work within a team environment.• Demonstrate awareness and compliance with safe workplace practices and duty of care.
The successful candidate must be able to work both as a sole Planner and to lead a team. Candidates must also be able to bring a flexible mindset, challenge traditional thinking, and be prepared to work outside of their comfort zone.
Our client is committed to building thriving communities by delivering social, environmental, and economic benefits. The Lead Planner will play a vital role in achieving this goal by ensuring the project is delivered on time and within budget. If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a difference in the renewable energy industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world.
We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tim Chapman is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane