About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Lead Of SHES Investigations
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021)
- Supports the Onshore project in all SHES related disciplines and scope of work but with specific focus on Incident Management Shall be flexible and team-orientated Supports the SHE Manager Shared Resources as the key focal point for the overall project Incident Management activities;
- Provides oversight of EPC CONTRACTORS and SUBCONTRACTORS Incident Management related procedures and carries out periodic system audits to ensure compliance with relevant project and RLIC procedures and requirements Provides support to PMT SHES team for the incident investigation process and participates in serious investigations (e.g. ‘high’ or ‘majority’ severity events);
- Monitor site SHES programs and safe work practices, and review and evaluate data, information and systems as required, related to findings from incident investigations Coordinates with SHES Systems Head in terms of systematic improvement opportunities and possible updates required for the overall SHES Management Systems;
- Develops, implements and maintains Incident Management related documentation, and reviews relevant CONTRACTORS and SUBCONTRACTORS documentation, as required Maintains an overall Project Incident register with support of relevant EPC package PMTs and identifies concerning incident trends and lessons learned;
- Champion on-site incident prevention and reporting awareness with CONTRACTORS and among PMT Attends Tool-Box Talks and Task Instructions where required, provides coaching and leadership to CONTRACTORS and its SUBCONTRACTORS to ensure Incident Management procedures and systems are fully understood by all;
- Provides coaching and mentorship for the PMT and CONTRACTOR SHES personnel to participate incident investigations and to ensure the comprehensive and effective timely completion of all investigation deliverables including Company HSE&Q reporting requirements (e.g. IRS, One-Pager, Safety Alerts, PHL sheets etc.);
- Supports the establishment and maintenance of strong safety cultures in line with the Company and Project vision, mission and values Support and promote the project Observation & Intervention program and the Incident and Injury Free (IIF) program;
- Liaise with internal/external groups as and when required in coordination with SHES Manager Shared Resources, e.g. COMPANY Major Projects, CONTRACTORS, SUBCONTRACTORS, RLC, etc. Manage incident related interface with RLC on behalf of CONTRACTOR when required;
- Participates in safety meetings as needed, and participates in site safety reviews, walkthroughs, audits, pre-start up safety reviews, SHES assessments Provides direct oversight for the Incident Review Committee (IRC) and attends IRC meetings when available Provides oversight on the EPC Package management and input to the Company Incident Reporting System (IRS);
- Incident Management subject matter expert Oversees the EPC Package PMT Incident Management process, participates in incident investigations lead by Project PMT personnel and CONTRACTOR(s), helps develop relevant corrective actions and oversees the timely follow-up, implementation and closeout of corrective actions thereof Monitors and expedites action items captured in the project Action Tracking Register related to Incidents.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years industry relevant HSE experience;
- International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e. greenfield and brownfield work);
- Sound knowledge of the project execution process in large-scale project environments (expenditure >US$ 1 Bn);
- SHES related NVQ Level 5, NEBOSH National/International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or higher (BSc, Pg Cert, Pg Dip, MSc);
- Tap Root™ Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader, or equivalent.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha